Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad experience at Hertz PHL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Why pull up a post from 2005? I was reading this thread thinking it was current. D'oh.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Why pull up a post from 2005?
Because I am looking for the same information just a few years later. If I created a new post, I would've been referred to "searching" which would lead me to this post.

BTW, the last post was in 2006
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Revival of an old thread. I am renting at PHL in Mid January. Have Gold Five Star (was Gold for years and did a recent status match from National Emerald) is this placve any better from what I have read so far? Thanks in advance and Safe Travels
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Revival of an old thread. I am renting at PHL in Mid January. Have Gold Five Star (was Gold for years and did a recent status match from National Emerald) is this placve any better from what I have read so far? Thanks in advance and Safe Travels
Some reports about PHL in these threads...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...x-abq-bdl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ts-really.html

Hope they help @:-)

-J.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Try AVIS, it's even better @ PHL.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Had a vey good expierence at PHL last night. Buses were frequent ( 2 passed while waiting for my bag) third came a few minutes once I exited UA baggage claim. Bus stopped in Gold area. Car was new and clean, exit rep printed out the contract and gave me my directions all with a smile.. After reading the remarks here and on Yelp I must say I really liked this locatiin.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Had a vey good expierence at PHL last night. Buses were frequent ( 2 passed while waiting for my bag) third came a few minutes once I exited UA baggage claim. Bus stopped in Gold area. Car was new and clean, exit rep printed out the contract and gave me my directions all with a smile.. After reading the remarks here and on Yelp I must say I really liked this locatiin.. Thanks and Safe Travels
The powers above were looking out for you! Did you see Rod Serling by chance?

Last 2 weeks in a row, land check phone no Car-firmation, get to Gold board- no name on board, long line at Gold desk, staff scrambling to find cars with an empty lot. Glad I'm President's Circle. :roll eyes:

My hope is your rental was the turning point for good things to come, for all!

Next week, I'll be back.....
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
The powers above were looking out for you! Did you see Rod Serling by chance?

Last 2 weeks in a row, land check phone no Car-firmation, get to Gold board- no name on board, long line at Gold desk, staff scrambling to find cars with an empty lot. Glad I'm President's Circle. :roll eyes:

My hope is your rental was the turning point for good things to come, for all!

Next week, I'll be back.....
3rd time in a row! Went to pick up my car & no Carfirmation upon landing, no name on board. Finally got a Maxima (27k miles) w/ packing tape holding the trunk handle in place. Got into the car & it smelled like a baby took a dump inside. Went back to Gold desk & got a decent car.

Back tomorrow........
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:27 pm

Have you looked over your Hertz Settings?

3rd time in a row! Went to pick up my car & no Carfirmation upon landing, no name on board. Finally got a Maxima (27k miles) w/ packing tape holding the trunk handle in place. Got into the car & it smelled like a baby took a dump inside. Went back to Gold desk & got a decent car.

Back tomorrow........
Gosh, Not at all what I had experienced. Have you checked/updated your Hertz Profile recently. If not, take a peek. Something is wrong.. Have you called Hertz and inquired why? Just curious. Safe Travels and Driving..
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have been having horrible service at PHL Hertz lately.

Latest involved no one available to check in the returns, so had to leave it with a promise that they will email receipt. Never happened.

Spent a long phone call with Hertz, only to learn the call was never checked back in (this was 3 days after returning it).

Now, finally get the receipt and they have charged me $50 for fuel service. I returned it full. Another lengthy phone call with Hertz who saw the fuel was full and have started a refund for the fuel charges. But I have to wait 3 days to see the refund?

I have had pretty good experience Hertz overall. I am not at all picky about cars (have never asked for an upgrade or switched out what they give me), but PHL is a frequent destination and the PHL operation is really causing me to re-think which company I rent with. Crazy !

EDIT: Have now checked my AMEX account, and there is a charge from Hertz that doesn't match the receipt...or the correct amount that should have been charged (minus the fuel fee).

Another waste of time phone call to Hertz. Estimated hold time...17 minutes.

Last edited by goodeats21; Feb 19, 2014 at 8:32 am
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:27 pm

Gosh, Not at all what I had experienced. Have you checked/updated your Hertz Profile recently. If not, take a peek. Something is wrong.. Have you called Hertz and inquired why? Just curious. Safe Travels and Driving..

Settings fine. Hertz not fine.

4th trip last week, got Carfirmation & car was waiting.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Settings fine. Hertz not fine.

4th trip last week, got Carfirmation & car was waiting.
Wow, what a mess today. No carfirmation, no text, bus to the Gold counter and there were 27 people inside and a dozen more outside. Nothing working, people were just taking whichever car came out of the car wash and got parked. For me, A Hyundai Accent, yeesh, for a PC? The guy after me got a big SUV. Craziness in PHL.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:36 pm
JRS

Location: Pittsburgh - SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, US Chairmans Pref
PHL has surpassed LGA

as the worst run Hertz location on the East coast. The fact that one could walk across the parking garage instead playing "Count the Avis buses" while hoping the Hertzmobile would drive by kept it behind LGA. But finding an empty lot and long line of renters each of the last 2 weeks moves it to the top. This PC renter will go with another firm next week.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Funny to see I was not the only one that is getting horrible service here.

I submitted a web form complaint...I have never heard anything back.

I was told during my saga to obtain accurate charges and receipt that they would refer my experience to some type of complaint desk...I have never heard back.

I am pretty laid back when it some to rental cars, but WOW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.