Wiki Posts
Search

Bad experience at Hertz PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:13 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Has the PHL station stayed the same, gotten worse? What would i get if I booked a C? What's been others experience with a Prestige Collection rental at this location?

I have a booking there mid Oct.
I am interested to hear about more recent experiences, too, as I have a Prestige Collection booking for early Oct. Hey, legionnaire, do you have any good CDP code for Prestige booking? I am using the Ameniti code, which knocks about $20 off the regular rate with unlimited mileages.

LAX
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Just to echo the complaints about PHL in an effort to warn Hertz renters there:

1. Walk to the rental lot and avoid the Amazing Roundabout Bus Ride
2. Don't expect to have your name on the board
3. Don't expect to have the correct receipt when you return it
4. Don't expect the initial service reponse to be any better than the other notorious Hertz lot, SEA. If you go into the counter and they aren't busy, they usually fix all the problems, but if you are trying to get to a meeting/catch a flight...
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Wow. Hertz PHL is actually considerably more expensive than the other rental agencies (for weekend rentals) .. I normally wouldn't mind paying more, and with coupons it's comparable, but with all this bad press, I think I'll rent from Dollar in PHL. If I'm going to get poor/slow service might as well not pay extra for it.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Was there a few weeks ago - they are still awful.

Although there was a car under the canopy for me, it wasn't even the correct category, and didn't have Neverlost as booked. Plus it was in awful shape - it looked like it had recently been rear-ended.

When I went into the booth, there were 10 people in front of me, all with problems or missing cars. When I finally got to the front of the line, the woman was incredibly rude, and insisted that it was the car I had booked, despite the email confirmation to the contrary, saying dissimissively that "I'm not going to argue with you, sir."

While I finally got the car I had booked, I was so hacked off, I found the manager and let him have it, saying that the woman had no business working in a burger joint, let alone a company that ostensibly cared about customer service.

Is Avis any better at PHL?

Greg
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Greg,

Avis isn't appreciably better. The off-name brands actually are attractive at this location just for the service difference, and I have rented outside the Hertz-Avis axis there once or twice and been happy.

Last edited by Wilbur; Oct 7, 2005 at 3:55 pm Reason: sp error
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
I rent Hertz at PHL weekly. What a pain. I'm looking for alternatives.
Perhaps I need to contact the GM.

The Hertz at LGA is SO much better. I love them!!

PHL makes me want to just buy a car and keep it up there.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
I picked up at PHL on 10/14 morning at 2.00 am. My reserved Camry was parked in the slot, name on board. I was very tired after multiple cancellations and delays to the IAD-PHL flight. I just took the Camry in my slot.

Return was relatively painless. My PC did not kick in on the small machine the returns guy used. I had to go in to get that fixed. 5 mins later on my way back to PHL Terminal F.

The car was clean on the inside. Outside, it had plenty of scuffs, scratches, spots of rust, dings.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
They are doing construction at PHL, so it has been a mess lately. Probably just slows everything down even more.

I have to say that 80 percent of the time I don't have any problems at PHL Hertz -- as long as my name is on the board it is relatively easy to pick up and go. If your name is not on the board, then problems can begin.

On the return, the bus-ride issue is pain, and takes longer than walking. It is always running late and then takes a tour of the airport before you get to your terminal. I never take the bus at PHL, but walk over the the terminals unless I need to go to Terminal A (which is a long walk!). The walk accross the road can be tricky if there's a lot of traffic, but is always quicker.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:41 am

Let's do something - talk is cheap

What is happening to this country?
The level of "service" is abysmal!

Hertz at PHL is some of the worst service I have ever seen. The worst part about it is their attitude! I'm not sure where it comes from.

Try giving them a call and see if they are kind. Really just give it a try. OMG!

You'll be sitting there on the phone and it will sound as if they are ignoring you. They'll be on their 2-way talking away. They wont even say, "please hold" or anything. Then, they come back and like, ok, what did you need?

And then you tell them something. The conversation is coming to an end. What do most "customer service people do at that point?" They say something like, "Anything else I can help you with?" "Thank you for choosing XX Company."
But at Hertz at PHL they just say, "OK, ... OK" and then HANG UP!!

I am not kidding, this is EXACTLY what happened.

This is so bad! We, in the spirit of FT MUST DO SOMETHING!!!

Please! Let’s gather all the stories of bad service here. To be fair if you happen to have any good stories (I have one sort of good story) post them as well. We then need to send these stories to the GM PHL and to Hertz corporate.

Let's effect a change here. It's painful to think that this is the type of service that we now have in America. Let's step up!
Old Oct 17, 2005, 3:46 pm

I've rented from Hertz nearly exclusively, after deciding that a little extra is worth it (and also because my company CDP provides included LDW). However, with the repeated comments about Hertz in PHL I am renting from Budget when I go to PHL. They are nearly half the price and I guess at worst can be the same level of (dis) service.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by pitflyer
...with the repeated comments about Hertz in PHL I am renting from Budget when I go to PHL. They are nearly half the price and I guess at worst can be the same level of (dis) service.
From experience at some other PHL car rental brands, I can say that National makes the Hertz team at PHL look good! The abysmal service at National PHL are a large part of what got me to switch to Hertz in the first place. Don't expect too much.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by elbidercni
From experience at some other PHL car rental brands, I can say that National makes the Hertz team at PHL look good! The abysmal service at National PHL are a large part of what got me to switch to Hertz in the first place. Don't expect too much.
I will be aggregating stories and experiences and forwarding them to the correct people at Hertz. I will be sure to also contact my corporate travel department to get them to put some pressure on Hertz as well.

IF you have a complaint or suggestions please post.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 4:38 pm

Rented from Hertz this last weekend because they dropped their rates and with a web coupon they were actually cheaper for a bigger car. Rented F, got an H (Lincoln Town Car). Bus to location was slow, but not terribly so. Name on board, got car, but then got immediately lost -- no signs to exit, so ended up in the car wash area. No one around, so just drove around the lot till I got to the exit.

On return, took me FOREVER to find the rental car place (but that's PHL for you, not Hertz). Got there, the return agent must be one of the dumbest I've ever run into -- she processed it fine but no coupon. I said "I have a $20 off coupon" and showed her a copy of the reservation which showed the amount off at the end. She compared it line by line and it all matched and then had the idiocy to say "well, it says approximate value, and $75 is approximately $55". At that point I just said, "Is there someone else I can talk to in the office?" and she waved me inside, where a counter agent quickly saw the $20 coupon took it off and I was set.

Overall, a B grade for Hertz. Saved by the great upgrade combined with a good rate.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 1:31 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Help!

I received horrible service/attitude during my Prestige rental last month and I have a very long complaint letter that I want to send to Hertz customer service center/headquarter where they take complaints seriously. Can someone help get me that address? Thanks in advance.

LAX

PS: The Hertz PHL station is the WORST station ever!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

One of those days, the FT'ers who used PHL's horrible service at Hertz should band together and show up there at the counter and whoop their rear ends.

"Bad customer service you do not make!"

Sanosuke!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.