Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Promo Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Paris Promo Codes

I am heading over to CDG in a couple of weeks on vacation. The Hertz rates are extremely high - even with a AAA discount ($300 Euro's for a week for a sub compact).

Are there any promos or suggestions to help lower the cost?

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Are you planning on driving throughout France? If not...I would suggest public transportation and the train. Good luck though...
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:09 pm

Programs: United 1K
Agree. I'd avoid driving in Paris.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by back seat

Are there any promos or suggestions to help lower the cost?

Thanks
You might want to try sixt or call this place and see if there's any specials

http://www.europebycar.com/ They have an 800# and are based in New York. There also a code floating around for avis but I didn't try it.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I plan on using the train to get into Paris, BUT we have plans to go to the coast and see some battlefields, so I will need a car.

Thanks for the idea of europebycar
Old Jan 27, 2005, 7:45 pm

We are iffy about doing the Normandy battlefields. I think my husband would really like to.

When I originally booked Paris, in the middle of winter, I was thinking bad weather, dodge into museums, drink lots of coffee/hot chocolate to stay warm. Then I started reading about Normandy D Day and wanted to go there, too. Now I'm back to staying in Paris.

I came across something that might be of interest. It was a deal for the train ticket from Paris to Caen and museum entrance fee included for the Caen Memorial/Museum. That Museum has half day and full day mini van tours of the beaches.

We also looked at staying here

http://www.specialplacestostay.com/s...FileID=fbb1444

The owner is a retired British Colonel who is an expert and guide for the Normandy beaches. I'm not sure if he gives tours year round or what he would charge (some of the sites seem to be seasonal).

An excellent, small book that I have here is D Day and the Battle for Normandy by Carl Shilleto and Mike Tolhurst that has made me really want to visit there and give a great overview and ideas for making the most of a visit to the area.

Finally, I read about a 10% discount for I believe Europcar or a similar agency if you book through the link at the slow-travel.com website. We have used that agency in the past with good results. However, it's a prepay.

Here's another good Normandy link

http://www.normandie44lamemoire.com/...lles%20us.html
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

cecelia - Thank you for the links.

I will look into them.

Cheers!
Old Jan 28, 2005, 6:46 am

And dont forget the biggest French rental car company:

http://www.europcar.com/

Have fun!

Hammer
Old Jan 28, 2005, 7:46 am

Programs: United 1K
Thanks for the Normandy information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.