Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awards are now electronic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Awards are now electronic

I booked an award for a free weekend and was told they didn't have to mail me the certificate anymore. All awards were now done electronically. This is great because now I don't have to think about the cert up to 3 weeks before I need it. I can now call up and get the award the day before.

It's about time Hertz did something good with the awards. And with the new award levels, this is even better.

^ ^ ^ ^
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Well done. While they were mighty fast at getting me mine (usually a few days), it's nice not to have to redeem a few one-days at random to have the certs on hand in case of an immediate need. Now you just rez and go. ^
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:28 am

I have never used an award yet. I plan to in Toronto this June, nice to know I will not have to remember where the heck I put a coupon!!
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:04 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i just hope they spread the word -- i can imagine the conversation with a return agent who sees an electronic coupon, and a total charge for a three-day rental of $1.84. :-)
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Question How does this work?

Folks,

How does electronic certificate redemption work at Hertz? I've done Paper redemptions before, when they gave me a PC# on the phone and I handed the paper certificate over to the return agent.

If this is electronic, do I get like a Certificate Serial Number, which I'm supposed to include in the reservation?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:11 pm

Thumbs up

Finally, #1 Awards comes around to the 20th century!!!
Yiiippppeee!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:41 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Thumbs up

sweet!! well done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.