Wiki Posts
Search

No SUV availability in "snow cities"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
No SUV availability in "snow cities"

During the winter months I always try to reserve an SUV in places like MSP, OMA and DSM. Up until this year I never had a problem snagging one with 3-4 weeks notice but this year is different.

OMA is the absolute worst, I'm trying to reserve one for the end of Feb. and I'm getting the "selected vehicle not available" message.

Anyone else having problems like this? Should I call the location directly?

The Ironic thing is that from April - Nov, 9 times out of 10, I'm upgraded to an SUV on a F res so I know plenty still exist.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:25 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I must be lucky: I got an Explorer 2 weeks ago in ALB and a Volvo X-country today in Boston.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by ALARISstl
During the winter months I always try to reserve an SUV in places like MSP, OMA and DSM. Up until this year I never had a problem snagging one with 3-4 weeks notice but this year is different.

OMA is the absolute worst, I'm trying to reserve one for the end of Feb. and I'm getting the "selected vehicle not available" message.

Anyone else having problems like this? Should I call the location directly?

The Ironic thing is that from April - Nov, 9 times out of 10, I'm upgraded to an SUV on a F res so I know plenty still exist.

No snow in MSP so far this season - maybe they shipped them all to the East coast
Old Jan 19, 2005, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jimc_usa
No snow in MSP so far this season - maybe they shipped them all to the East coast
They should have shipped them to OMA. What's the point of having SUVs in the fleet if you can't get one in winter.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
They should have shipped them to OMA. What's the point of having SUVs in the fleet if you can't get one in winter.
So they can upsell them to customers, "for only $40/more a day" as they told me last time I was in MHT. Yeah, right!
Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by foodguy
I must be lucky: I got an Explorer 2 weeks ago in ALB and a Volvo X-country today in Boston.
Those Volvo wagons rock. They're sporty, fast, have great traction, and they're heavy in case of some unfortunate event. A great combination for the winter time.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SealBeach
Those Volvo wagons rock. They're sporty, fast, have great traction, and they're heavy in case of some unfortunate event. A great combination for the winter time.
This rental could not have come at a better time since it snowed in Boston and I was staying at the Marriott in Quincy, which requires something of a climb up a steep winding road. The Volvo was wonderful in a relatively small snow storm, I don't think it has the ground clearance for anything more significant.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by foodguy
This rental could not have come at a better time since it snowed in Boston and I was staying at the Marriott in Quincy, which requires something of a climb up a steep winding road. The Volvo was wonderful in a relatively small snow storm, I don't think it has the ground clearance for anything more significant.
Agreed, but those instances are pretty uncommon in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.