Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two 2 day weekend rentals. Would they have me go back to the airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:21 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I booked two 2 day weekends in OGG for a future trip. (Thur-Sat & Sat-Mon)With the free day code, the price was very good!

Would Hertz have me go back to the airport to turn in the 1st car or would they just have me return it on Mon nite? It would not be a major hassle since my res is at appox 11PM & I'm staying only a few miles from the airport.

What has been your experience when doing multi res on one stay?

Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Hertz needs to close out one contract and re-open another, so you will need to go back.

At an airport location, it is less hassle to just drop off the first car and then grab the second. At an HLE, you can usually just walk-in, complete the paperwork swap, and drive out with the same car if you like it.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:25 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I've done this many times and everytime I've had to switch cars (I've only done airport locations)
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Maybe you can see about returning & picking up at one of the resort locations? If they are in the same pool it works sometimes. I did this w/ a LAX rental & dropped off @ Marriott in the valley.

Give it a try on Hertz.com w/ some test reservations. You can always go & cxl your original reservation.

WTip
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:08 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Hertz needs to close out one contract and re-open another, so you will need to go back.

At an airport location, it is less hassle to just drop off the first car and then grab the second. At an HLE, you can usually just walk-in, complete the paperwork swap, and drive out with the same car if you like it.
I've found Hertz quite unforgiving when doing this is Australia. I've never got the same car twice.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:33 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I've never asked...I just drop off one car and pick up the next. It's trivial enough.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by StSebastian
I've never asked...I just drop off one car and pick up the next. It's trivial enough.
Agreed -- causes far less confusion amongst Hertz employees and there are far fewer questions. Just roll with it...
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Same car at SJC airport location

I've managed to get the same brand new Maxima, for successive weekly rentals at the SJC airport location.

I didn't take the car back thru Rental Car Return - instead, drove it straight to where the terminal buses go... walked in to the Gold counter, and just asked politely.

In fact, I hadn't even filled the gas completely. I just told the attendant to mark the gas as full on the return, and mark it as full on the out-bound check-out for the second week. the attendant was of-course a little confused, but quickly got what i was saying, and i was off... I love the Maxima... and i like hertz too...

-RG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.