Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ridiculously low AA miles for Hertz rental?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi all. Not sure if this q should be posted here or in AA...

I recently rented a car for 2 days and chose to get AA miles instead of Hertz points. My most recent AA statement says I got 90 (sic) miles for the 2 day rental. Is this right? 45 AA points per day??
Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC, FT <30y
Yeah its a very low conversion. You get one mile for every pre-tax dollar spent. You might want to try one of the Hertz bonus offers that are available on the website (located under special offers/earn points & miles). Most of the time you can earn double miles or 350 to 400 bonus miles.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:25 am

Or get miles on an European frequent flyer program. Most European programs get 500 miles per rental, no matter how many $$$ you spent.

Hammer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.