Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Mustang at CLT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:19 am
Original Poster

2005 Mustang at CLT

Does anyone know if the 2005 Mustang is at CLT? Also is NeverLost available in a Mustang.

We wanted to do a "test drive" if available otherwise will rent the Taurus.

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Generally, Neverlost isn't available in Mustangs, however some people have reported have them with Neverlost - but don't count on it. I'm trying to get an 05 Mustang for Vegas this weekend - I hope I get it as I really don't want a Monte Carlo!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. After I posted I saw on the Hertz site that Neverlost isn't available in a Mustang.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Just come off a 3 week vacation on the west coast. Rented a Mustang from Hertz with NeverLost....and it was a Cabriolet!!!. Basically dispatch at LAX said these are very rare but there are a few of them around. My mustang was 2004 with 15K on the clock. I called through to dispatch aroung 12 hours before pickup and they held the car for me. Cheers Hertz!
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called the #1 Gold line & they put in the Mustang request in the reservation - then the agent gave me the number to the LAS airport location - I talked to a station manager & she told me that only the res line can put the reservation request in & that they can't (or won't?) do it at the airport.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
You want to get hold of 'dispatch' not the station manager. Dispatch will assign the available car to your itinerary. I have to say though when I got mine reserved I had to really sweet talk the guy. Just remember though only a handful of mustangs have neverlost, I’m talking 5% off all the mustang fleet countrywide. Anyway good luck, tell us how it goes.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonnye
You want to get hold of 'dispatch' not the station manager. Dispatch will assign the available car to your itinerary. I have to say though when I got mine reserved I had to really sweet talk the guy. Just remember though only a handful of mustangs have neverlost, I’m talking 5% off all the mustang fleet countrywide. Anyway good luck, tell us how it goes.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try to call them today & will post back on Tuesday how it went.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called dispatch - they said they'd do what they could, but can't promise anything at all. When I got there, I had a 2004 Mustang convertible - no 2005's available on the lot at all. I did the car pick-up around 10PM Friday night on a holiday weekend, so that may be why I didn't get the car I wanted - luckily the weather was good enough to drive with the top down on the convertible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.