Wiki Posts
Search

Help with daily vs. weekly rates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Help with daily vs. weekly rates

I'm looking into a Wed-Sun rental in LAS. I'll be picking up at about 4 pm and returning around 4 pm. This prices out at $40/day for a midsize with a CDP.

If I change the return to 10 pm on Sunday the rental switches to a weekly rate, I can use a free day PC#, and the cost is $108/wk.

Here's my question: If I make the reservation for a weekly rental with a 10 PM return, but actually return the car at 4 pm, will they still bill me at the weekly rate, or will they switch it to the daily rate?

Your answers will determine whether or not I get stuck with the significantly less expensive Alamo.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Loran
I'm looking into a Wed-Sun rental in LAS. I'll be picking up at about 4 pm and returning around 4 pm. This prices out at $40/day for a midsize with a CDP.

If I change the return to 10 pm on Sunday the rental switches to a weekly rate, I can use a free day PC#, and the cost is $108/wk.

Here's my question: If I make the reservation for a weekly rental with a 10 PM return, but actually return the car at 4 pm, will they still bill me at the weekly rate, or will they switch it to the daily rate?

Your answers will determine whether or not I get stuck with the significantly less expensive Alamo.

Thanks!
Hmmmm....technically, Hertz might be able to charge the higher rate. At least, the language on the contract says so. I don't know if they'd really do it.

How about this: can you price out a 1PM pickup and a 4PM drop and get the weekly rate? I have never had Hertz bust my chops for being a little late at pickup...
Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Never thought of playing around with the pick-up time....but it worked! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.