Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online PC#s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Online PC#s

I reserved a car thru hertz.com a couple of weeks ago for a Jan 1st weekend rental (4 days: picked up Thu 12/31 AM, returned Mon 1/3 PM), and used an online PC# for a $20 weekend discount.

So, I pick up the car at LAX and drove to Long Beach to catch a cruise. Drove back to LAX yesterday and when I check the car in, the agent said that the discount could not be applied. Went inside to talk to another agent who explained that the PC# expired on 12/31, and valid only for cars returned by that date. After showing her the online confirmation page, she agreed to honor the discount.

How could the Hertz website complete a reservation with a PC# that would've been invalid?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

systems glitch - it happens all the time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.