Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lower Point Requirements for Awards - Effective Jan 10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lower Point Requirements for Awards - Effective Jan 10

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by cheapie
i don't know....i fly nw and in about 2 years i've gotten 300k miles and 6 extra free tickets flying mainly in the midwest and signing up for every little program they have. i rent from hertz every single time.

i have earned enough miles to give away 7 tickets and still have 180k miles in my account. in that same time i've earned a whopping 2k in hertz points. whoopty-freakin'-do. what can i do with that? a free weekend. yay.
Before the change, I stopped getting Hertz points several months back, opting for CO miles instead.

In about a year and a half, I've earned about 6.5k hertz ZE1 points.

With the new changes, we're planning a week trip to Hawaii for a Jag convertible rental. Something we've wanted to do for a while, but could never justify in terms of cost.

Also, the 500 point one day coupons are great for around NYC, where a day rental could cost $60-$100 with tax.

Last edited by Tummy; Jan 17, 2005 at 7:42 pm
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cheapie
i don't know....i fly nw and in about 2 years i've gotten 300k miles and 6 extra free tickets flying mainly in the midwest and signing up for every little program they have. i rent from hertz every single time.

i have earned enough miles to give away 7 tickets and still have 180k miles in my account. in that same time i've earned a whopping 2k in hertz points. whoopty-freakin'-do.
What does one have to do with the other? So you fly a ton and you do very little spending with Hertz. (Either you do a lot of super-cheap rentals or you don't do many rentals.) What do you expect? You've spent somewhere between $1k and 2k with Hertz over the course of two years (where you've asked for ZE1 points, anyway). Small change. They're giving you four free days worth about $50 each - no capacity controls, no strings attached. Even more if you use 'em in the right place.

I think Budget will give you more - their program used to give free days for every $240 or so spent, or some seriously out-of-date golf equipment if you choose. But you gotta deal with Budget on a regular basis. Hello, "Not Exactly."

If your paid rentals are all cheap weekends, take the Marriott points or the WN credit and be done with it. I'm not sure what kind of rewards you expect Hertz to give you.

what can i do with that? a free weekend. yay.
Well, 300,000 NW miles is really just six free last-minute trips from Kansas City to Minnesota. What's so neat about that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.