Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PCs for knocking down a luxury rental?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This coupon is for 5/off/day for Premium or Higher - may work for Luxury:

http://offers.hertz.com/citidiscount04/index.html - you don't really need to be a Citi card holder for this one...valid on Premium or higher cars.

December weekend get-away can save you $5 per day, up to $20 off, when renting a Premium or higher class vehicle. (Minimum two weekend day rental is required.) PC# 959630
Old Dec 16, 2004, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Worked for a Grand Marq, not for a Luxury

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
http://offers.hertz.com/citidiscount04/index.html - you don't really need to be a Citi card holder for this one...valid on Premium or higher cars.
bhatnasx
It did push down a Grand Marq some, but doesn't seem applicable to a luxury. The current rate I get via AAA beats this.
Thanks anyway

For a brief while yesterday between noon and 2 pm Pacific, most Bay Area Hertz Locations were showing availability of FreeStars, Envoys, Expeditions. On all days over the last two weeks, these types were showing as sold out. After 3 pm yesterday, it returned to "normal" with these types again reverting to sold out.

Is the Hertz reservation system THAT sensitive to inventory availability?
Old Dec 16, 2004, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not necessarily that sensitive - sometimes they do minimum rental period restrictions - if it says your car type isn't available, then try pricing it out for an extended period of time & that may work.

Sorry the coupon didn't do much good - if I see anything useful, I'll post here.
Old Jan 1, 2005, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Thanks to all. Got a Lincoln TC Ultimate

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Just an FYI for those interested in renting Luxury, Hertz does have a Specialty Luxury (YI) Town Car. It is the Town Car Ultimate, and it's pretty slick. Comes with a sunroof, parking assist (the radar-sensors in the back bumper - nice for a vehicle as long as a Ford Excursion SUV), and heated seats.
Thought I'd update with my experiences. I rented with my AAA CDP and PC 957670 for 4 days. The PC got me the extra 5th day at no cost. Total was 276.01 for 5 days.

The TC was the Ultimate (YI). It had Sirius, a Sunroof and parking assist. Heated seats too.

Driving Highway 1 from Big Sur south to San Luis Obispo was very pleasant. The trunk was cavernous and gobbled up all our stuff. 4 adults and 1 child seat fit comfortably in the car.

Thanks to all who pitched in. Esp camachinist and SEA_Tigger.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:03 am

Programs: KLM, HHonors,
Talking Excellent pinniped saved me $700 on list price for 15day rental

Originally Posted by pinniped
Then find your optimal booking and go see if Priceline can significantly beat it.
Hi Pinniped,

Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning priceline as this has just saved me a fortune ona two week rental in early february (ok fingers crossed as its not confirmed yet)

Original prices I was seeing for 15 day SUV rental from DEN was $1200. However after finding a olivetti code managed to get this down to $675 without CDW. from following your priceline recommendation they have the SUV listed at $209 per week or $577 for total rental. So a BIG thankyou for finding this. The only problem is that if I check the price on priceline.co.uk it comes up at 585 about $1000 so I had to book with some slightly dodgy data for telephone numbers and card address as it didn't allow UK addresses only US ZIP and states.

So now got my fingers crossed that when I ring priceline later today to check my reservation they can update my details with UK address and verify the booking is okay.

All I need to do now is sort out my free flight upgrades with Northwest Airlines and I'll have a comfortable and stress free vacation.

Thanks from Bonny Scotland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.