Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zipo
Amex Plat working best for me
Me too - better than AAA, surprisingly. But I can't enter any PC or RQ codes (well, I can, but they either fail or bring the price *UP*).

Is there a trick to using Amex Plat CDP with any other discount, or is it not possible?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:47 am

Can I use the AMEX Platinum code without having an Amex Plat?

Is this a publically available code?
Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by TheShis
Is this a publically available code?
Thanks!
From my understanding, its Public however the rental needs to be tied and paid from an AMEX Platinum Card..
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:53 pm

Smile

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
From my understanding, its Public however the rental needs to be tied and paid from an AMEX Platinum Card..
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:56 am

what's the risk to use AMEX Plat CDP? will they check my membership when i pick up the car?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by st0ne
what's the risk to use AMEX Plat CDP? will they check my membership when i pick up the car?
Just imagine if they ask to see the card... Twice this year I have been asked for my USAA number (once on the phone, once in a city I can't remember) as proof of membership.

-J.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by st0ne

Used the Amex Plat CDP (20% off) for 2+ years and ten's of rentals and not once ever been asked for any proof and have never paid with a Amex card either (Using MC) so I wouldn't worry a thing.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:40 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itisme
Used the Amex Plat CDP (20% off) for 2+ years and ten's of rentals and not once ever been asked for any proof and have never paid with a Amex card either (Using MC) so I wouldn't worry a thing.
Plat Amex also provides a 4 hour grace period so it may be a day cheaper if your rental return is 4 hours later than pickup.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:20 pm

My hubby works for IBM. Can I use his code? Anyone know if they ask for id? He isn't coming on this trip or I would rent it under his name.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by hawaiimommy
My hubby works for IBM. Can I use his code? Anyone know if they ask for id? He isn't coming on this trip or I would rent it under his name.
He should be able to find the terms on the IBM intranet. Some companies let you use codes for pleasure and I believe some extend discount to immediate family.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Exactly. My companies website clearly states what travel providers I can use for personal travel.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hawaiimommy
No you cannot. The employee can use it for any personal rentals, but it is only the employee that has the authority to use it

Dave
Old May 5, 2016, 7:12 am

Has anyone used Amex Platinum CDP in the UK recently, specifically in Edinburgh Airport? Contemplating using it but don't have an Amex Platinum, just wondering whether they ask for the card these days in branches?
Old May 5, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by ashimashi
Has anyone used Amex Platinum CDP in the UK recently, specifically in Edinburgh Airport? Contemplating using it but don't have an Amex Platinum, just wondering whether they ask for the card these days in branches?
I've never been asked to present the card, including at EDI. Note that, if you don't have the card, and anything were to happen (such as a crash), renting the car on a code you're not entitled to use could invalidate any insurance coverage you get from Hertz.
Old May 11, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I've never been asked to present the card, including at EDI. Note that, if you don't have the card, and anything were to happen (such as a crash), renting the car on a code you're not entitled to use could invalidate any insurance coverage you get from Hertz.
Amex Platinum discount doesn't include any benefits like CDW etc only a discount, so I wouldn't worry about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.