Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is included in my rate and the relevant excess?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

I'm a Hertz PC and will be renting in the USA -> SFO and LAS, and dropping off at LAX. The screenshot shows one of the leg and showing that all the LDW, LIS is being included in the charge. I can't seem to find the info required, but is this considered full coverage and if anything goes wrong, there won't be any excess to be paid?

I've checked with national and their rate it almost 40-50% higher if I include those LDW and LIS, so I'm not sure if hertz's rate even accurate.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That is about as full as you can get and nothing to worry about - if the rate is good, go for it
Old May 1, 2024, 12:38 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

There is no concept of excess when renting in the US. Everything is zero excess.
Auto Enthusiast and Hide like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
That is about as full as you can get and nothing to worry about - if the rate is good, go for it
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
There is no concept of excess when renting in the US. Everything is zero excess.
Thank you! in that case what are the additional coverage that National is charging for? Trying to weigh in option as it seems more prefers National than Hertz.
Old May 1, 2024, 3:19 pm

Don't assume that just because National is more expensive that the coverage is somehow "better" or includes something that Hertz does not. National is considered a superior company to Hertz for various reasons, but from a coverage perspective, full coverage is full coverage. There really is no difference.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Don't assume that just because National is more expensive that the coverage is somehow "better" or includes something that Hertz does not. National is considered a superior company to Hertz for various reasons, but from a coverage perspective, full coverage is full coverage. There really is no difference.
Au contraire!

National's website says that its "Supplemental Liability Protection" provides a maximum of $300,000 in coverage:

https://www.nationalcar.com/en/suppo...insurance.html

By contrast, Hertz' "Liability Insurance Supplement" provides a maximum of $1,000,000 in coverage:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...y_coverage.jsp

So Hertz' coverage is (far) superior.
AutoSlash and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 3:51 pm

Fair point. They include the same coverage items, however, technically Hertz does provide a higher level of liability coverage.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.