Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

After hours drop off at Hertz Local Edition?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2023, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29

Haven't ran in to this in a looong time because I rarely have flights this early. I need a local rental this weekend and we're flying out of CVG at 6:10AM on Monday. Hertz.com wouldn't let me use the 3PM today through 4:30AM Monday times because it was outside hours - so I fudged it and said 6:00.

But aren't there key drops for situations like this? I feel like their downtown location does but also allowed me to do a middle of the night drop off when I set up the reservation though.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Best to call the Hertz location where you plan to drop the car, and ask what options -- if any -- are available for after-hours returns.
Old May 25, 2023, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
They told me to just leave the key on the dash. They weren't sure why I wasn't allowed to book it for the time frame I needed. *shrug*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.