Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Tenerife South Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Hertz Tenerife South Airport

Hi all

Looking to rent with Hertz for the first time.
I’ve got 5 Star status, but prices seem crazy in comparison to other companies like Sixt

Looking from 1st of July to 12th, ideally a Mercedes A Class or above, cant see anything below 600-700€!

Even the IBM CDP doesn’t make a big difference

Is anyone getting better rates?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:56 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Pricing is typically based on supply and demand. It's likely that Sixt has more supply than Hertz for that period and is therefore pricing their inventory lower accordingly. If you look at a rental from 6/15 to 6/22, you'll see that there is a much smaller gap between the companies. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

You might want to rent with Hertz for the first time on a different trip. FWIW, your 5* status won't buy you much, if anything at TFS. It's mostly useful when renting in the US and Canada.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Pricing is typically based on supply and demand. It's likely that Sixt has more supply than Hertz for that period and is therefore pricing their inventory lower accordingly. If you look at a rental from 6/15 to 6/22, you'll see that there is a much smaller gap between the companies. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

You might want to rent with Hertz for the first time on a different trip. FWIW, your 5* status won't buy you much, if anything at TFS. It's mostly useful when renting in the US and Canada.
Good to know, thanks! I tried using AS earlier too and Sixt was the best option Have had a car booked them for a while now but thought I’d check if anything had changed.
If only Sixt had CDP/AWD like codes :S Prefer getting a bigger car but the price jump can’t be justified,
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.