Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any success with booking award reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any success with booking award reservations?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:09 am
Community Director Emerita

I've had no success using my points. Looks like I need to try the tricks others have found.

Update: I took out the discount code and was able to make the booking. Thank you @Marko123 for posting that tip.
Auto Enthusiast and Marko123 like this.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Sep 17, 2020 at 10:20 am
Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I used Hertz points for a rental at SLC Aug 13-17.

I had specifically reserved a pick-up truck, since I thought I might be transporting a kayak. When I arrived my name wasn't on the board. Went up to the booth. Agent says, "no trucks, how about an SUV?" I asked, "will it fit a kayak?" She said, "is it just you?"
I ended up in a large Chevy Tahoe (it has a 3rd row of seats). It turned out that we used an inflatable kayak, and the SUV was more than plenty of space.

The taxes fees for the truck were supposed to be around $125. When I received the final invoice, they only charged about $25.

Other than the lack of proper vehicle, everything seemed to go well. I wouldn't have used points, but Hertz @ SLC wanted about $125/day for a pick-up truck + taxes/fees. Here in Texas I can get one for about $45/day. I can't remember the last time I even used Hertz points, but figure they are handy for occasions like this. I'm able to use my company's PC for personal rentals, and at most locations in the US a mid-size vehicle is about $30/day.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I used the Opera browser on a pc tonight. The old website is alive and well on it. NO PROBLEM booking with points (including with a CDP).
Auto Enthusiast and Marko123 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CalItalian
I used the Opera browser on a pc tonight. The old website is alive and well on it. NO PROBLEM booking with points (including with a CDP).
Is there a link you can share for the old site or is that just how Opera renders it when you type hertz.com?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:44 am

Been having issues with booking award rentals on the website for about a year now, the various reward options just don't show up, even though I have plenty of points.

Switching to the mobile app, The award rentals have been available consistently with CDP.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Marko123
Is there a link you can share for the old site or is that just how Opera renders it when you type hertz.com?
Just what happens when I type in Hertz.com.
I recently added the Opera browser to my pc. I was quite surprised to see the old Hertz website on it when I typed in Hertz.com. Previously, Firefox was my browser of choice for the old Hertz website but now I only get the new Hertz site on it. Crossing my fingers it doesn't change on Opera.
Marko123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.