Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any success with booking award reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, HH Diamond, CO Gold, US Plat, Hertz Presidents

I have tried several locations and dates and ALL of them result in 'There are no rewards currently available (based on your pick-up date, location or points total)'. I am presidents circle and have plenty of points. I tried LAX, MIA, PHL, Burlington, HLE... all showing unavailable.
1 - Seems illegal, especially since they are pushing promos to get 2x points.

2 - Anyone have any success?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:14 am

My most recent was out of SEA, on 7/11. Booked online (desktop web, not app) without any apparent issues - for a one day, "roundtrip' (not one way) rental. I've a Five Star, not PC, but I can't imagine that would work in my favor over you being PC.

I have noticed that it seems like many cities/times aren't available as you'd expect them to be, but there do still seem to be redemptions in some capacity.

I just tried a one day from my HLE for a Fullsize on a regular weekday, and it was willing to do that.

Just one data point, but I hope it helps.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:33 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It shows your points balance is zero. Maybe that's the problem?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
I have been having the same issue today. It says 0 points on the checkout screen, but 900 points in my account details.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:01 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It looks like their system is just screwed up. I'm seeing the same thing on an account with over 4K points. Welcome to the Hertz bankruptcy!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:24 pm

I have over 16k and it was doing this to me as well. I redid the reservation about 7 or so times before it worked and let me redeem.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
And the account activity page/tab is still broken and shows no recent rentals.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
It took me about 45 minutes last night. At first it wouldn't let me use points with my CDP, but it would with no CDP. That is worthless to me because the total cost remained about the same. Eventually I found a "Use rewards points for this rental" checkbox and it let me use my CDP AND points.

I've spent the last 10 minutes searching for that checkbox again and cannot find it.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:55 pm

Just a heads up that I also had difficulties booking award reservation using my points and I just called the award reservation and they were able to book the travel and deduct the points from my account. Per CRS, she indicated that it is a know issue and if folks wants to use the points to call the reward desk @ 1-888-999-4900 (in US) to redeem the award.

l8r

-doc
Old Aug 27, 2020, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
I have not used GR points since CVG a few months ago. I tried several times since then at places like LAX, LHR and FCO and there is no availability when I search. I almost give up on the GR.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: Gold 5*
I am trying to book a 1 day rental for next year (so i dont lose my points) at LAS, yet when i try to book, it says "i do not have enough points"...
1 day rental = 1500 points (750 if u find the 1 rental place that does it that low)
I have more than 1500 points..
But each time, it says i dont have enough points. Help email goes off to hertz (hertz.co.uk) , but the likelyhood of a reply ?? i would say zero...
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need to call. Call center can still book awards. I don't know if that counts as activity or not as it shows up as "adjustment", not "redemption", in my account.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 2:01 pm

Hertz is now the worst rental car company there is. Too bad, as it was once the Best.....and the 2nd best (AVIS) was way behing.
I suppose it was inevitable after they filed bankruptcy. At this point, i have given up ever being able to use my remaining (I have ~ 2000 reward points) points for a free rental day (weekday or weekend, either one). I have tried airports all over the country, at very off peak times, and its always the same result "No rewards days available for your location/date".
What a complete joke Hertz has become. I was President's Club for > 5 years running, and it has come down to this. Nothing.
I am now all in with National. Hertz is a non-entity.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 30, 2020 at 5:32 pm Reason: moved from 2018 thread to this one
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:23 am

I couldn't get the website to allow me to book with reward points just now until I removed the CDP.

Anyone have any luck with getting a dream rental reward booked? SJC always has a Porsche or two, and I have 10k points to burn before bankruptcy. SFO won't let me book at Porsche with points and Porsche isn't listed as an option at SJC (though 4 weeks ago today they had one sitting there).
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Same deal for me today as before. I wasn't able to use my CDP and points together on the laptop but was successful in doing so on the iphone app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.