Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is booking thru Delta website mandatory if we need Skymiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Basic question - I do short rentals (1-3d) and seems 1000 DL miles per rental (as a DL Silver) is better than 100-200 hertz points I get on my Hertz rental.
Question - Do I need to book thru the Delta Hertz link to get the DL miles or can i get that even when booking directly thru Hertz?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:34 am

I don't know what the exact policy is with Delta but with United I have my FF# on file in my Hertz acct and I just book through the Hertz site and always get my miles and bonus miles as long as I use a CDP code that allows for it. The Amex Plat code works fine. Prepay rates and some corporate CDPs do not allow for the FF mile credit. If you book through the Delta site it would automatically fill in their CDP and you would be sure it works.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA MM
I would guess (but of course I am not sure) that you would get it booking direct, but you may need to use the CDP (it's a customer code, basically) of Delta to get the bonus. And you would need to make sure that you take your award miles on Delta, with your FF number, on the last page of the rental web site. But if you look carefully at the DL site you can probably find terms and conditions that clarify.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No need to book through Delta or use the Delta CDP - just make sure the Skymiles number is attached to the reservation.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacar
No need to book through Delta or use the Delta CDP - just make sure the Skymiles number is attached to the reservation.
thanks for the response. have a 1 day rental ending tomorrow, so will post once i get the miles
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Booked appropiately and receipt shows DL number. Hertz website shows the rental record with 0 points. Delta SM does not show the miles yet. How long does it usually take for hertz miles to be credited to SM?
Asking since have multiple 1 day rentals coming up and if there is a minimum rental period for transfer to Delta SM, then I will avoid it, else 1000 miles for 1 day rental is quite good.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:22 pm

I think you are talking about how if you book through the Delta website it says you get a certain amount of points for a Hertz rental. I think in that case you actually have to book through them.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partn...on=globNav_8_1 This is from Hertz, you get 1,000 miles, you can claim it later if you didn't get it (make sure you didn't select Hertz rewards)
https://www.delta.com/merch/searchCarAction.action Delta has their own booking portal (and prices are different, from my experience), and you would earn 500+1000 if I'm reading it correctly. But it is like a priceline booking if I recall, as in you cannot modify it on Hertz's website
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I think you are talking about how if you book through the Delta website it says you get a certain amount of points for a Hertz rental. I think in that case you actually have to book through them.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partn...on=globNav_8_1 This is from Hertz, you get 1,000 miles, you can claim it later if you didn't get it (make sure you didn't select Hertz rewards)
https://www.delta.com/merch/searchCarAction.action Delta has their own booking portal (and prices are different, from my experience), and you would earn 500+1000 if I'm reading it correctly. But it is like a priceline booking if I recall, as in you cannot modify it on Hertz's website
I did it from Hertz using my corp code and it was a 1 day rental. Was just curious how long it takes to credit to DL and also that there is no minimum rental length etc (could not find any)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:27 am

For United mine usually post the day after the credit card transaction posts and then the bonus miles for having a united card post up to two weeks later. You might want to call Hertz customer service and see if the Delta miles work with your corporate code, some don't allow for miles. It should work though if you see a FF Surcharge on your final bill.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I did it from Hertz using my corp code and it was a 1 day rental. Was just curious how long it takes to credit to DL and also that there is no minimum rental length etc (could not find any)
It can take a couple of weeks, but it works and one day is enough. The activity will be backdated on your SM account.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Usually takes around a week for me.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
FWIW, I found a way you can earn the extra bonus miles on top of the standard 1,000-1,250 miles per rental (depending on status) while booking on Hertz.com. If you put the DL FF CDC code: 165385 and the Promotional Coupon (For the bonus miles): 197536 when making a reservation, you will get the daily 300 bonus miles. For a 4 day rental as a DL PM, this comes out to 1,200 bonus miles on top of the standard 1,250 (I believe its only 1,000 for GM or below) miles you get per rental.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacar
Usually takes around a week for me.
Originally Posted by Yllanes
It can take a couple of weeks, but it works and one day is enough. The activity will be backdated on your SM account.
Not credited for 2 rentals yet and will wait another week..Both receipts show DL number .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.