Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

PC, booking full size, want minivan or large SUV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premiere, United Premiere, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

What happens if I book full size, but actually need a minivan or large SUV and they aren't available in the PC ultimate choice section? What's the likelihood of this happening? I will physically have too many bags to fit into a full size car. Renting from RSW. Thanks for any experiences one can share.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
You’ll pay an upcharge at most. But here’s what you should do:

Book cheapest class at least a Midsize; and
Book the class you actually need (Minivan, Large SUV)

then on the day of, go to the PC Zone and if you don’t like what you see, cancel the midsize reservation. If you find what you like, cancel the minivan. Easy!
mstrg325 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Originally Posted by mstrg325
What happens if I book full size, but actually need a minivan or large SUV and they aren't available in the PC ultimate choice section? What's the likelihood of this happening? I will physically have too many bags to fit into a full size car. Renting from RSW. Thanks for any experiences one can share.
Depending on the location and the people at the gold desk, you could get a mini-van as a free upgrade. I tried the same thing on Christmas eve at RDU, they wouldn't budge on the SUV, but they gave me a Sienna for free. One thing I've learned about PC over the years is, as long as you're nice, the desk usually will give you want you want. My only warning would be don't be picky, if you ask for a mini van and you get God's mistake (Grand Caravan), try not to nit pick, if you do they're more inclined to start pushing a fee.
mstrg325 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.