Hertz CLA 45 AMG year ?

Old Sep 25, 18, 5:19 am
Original Poster

hey folks, have you ever been renting a mercedes CLA 45 AMG with hertz recently ? If so, what year was it ? Hertz told me, that my Porsche choice might not be available at the renting location any more, but the AMG would be (in the Dream Car class). So obviously it would be a step back in, but its all about the fun in our vacation, and they offered a good discount on it. I would most probably go for that AMG thing , but only with current facelift and the 380 horse engine. What have you seen ? Cheers

Really no one here, whos ever rented, been assigned or even seen one of those mercs recently ? Pls help us out ;-)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 25, 18 at 5:39 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Sep 25, 18, 5:54 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz

I don't follow M-B enough to know for sure, but I don't believe the Yellow Night Edition is offered for 2019. So, this car from LAX last month is most likely a 2018.
cpta320cib likes this.
Old Sep 25, 18, 6:00 am
Original Poster

@FlyinHawaiin Thanks a lot, perfect, even with pictures. You guys here are awesome. Looks good to us, we will give it a try ... cheers
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Sep 27, 18, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
I don't follow M-B enough to know for sure, but I don't believe the Yellow Night Edition is offered for 2019. So, this car from LAX last month is most likely a 2018.
Man, that looks exactly like a car I was upgraded to at SNA last month. I wonder how many they have in the area?

ETA: remembered that I took a couple of pictures too, and one had the license plate. Mine was a different car, but probably registered at the same time. My plate number was 8DIF816

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 27, 18 at 2:10 pm Reason: image removal
Old Jan 26, 20, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA, SQ
Did anyone rent a CLA45 recently? I have a personal trip coming up and would love to rent an AMG Mercedes but I understand there's no more 2020 CLA45 (Yet) - does Hertz keep a 2019 then or is it a 2018 or... do they get swapped in for a C63

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 20, 1:59 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Fenway1912 View Post
Did anyone rent a CLA45 recently? I have a personal trip coming up and would love to rent an AMG Mercedes but I understand there's no more 2020 CLA45 (Yet) - does Hertz keep a 2019 then or is it a 2018 or... do they get swapped in for a C63

Thanks!
They still carry the older CLA45 still and C63 is a separate class. Sucks kinda but then again, one is the 50% more than the other price wise
Old Jan 27, 20, 3:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I've seen a few AMG line Mercedes sedans sprinkled around the fleet here and there (always parked in extra cost "Ultimate Series" area, not the "Premium Upgrades" available for $25/$35 upsell per day). Never paid attention to the exact model or model year though. I've seen both CLA and C-class AMG sedans. The latter being recognizable by not being ridiculously overstyled and ugly.

And I don't care how Stuttgart classifies the CLA. That's a sedan as far as I'm concerned. "Four door coupe" my ace...
Old Jan 30, 20, 5:34 am
Original Poster

@Fenway1912 Im curious ;-) What did you get ? As mentioned in a different thread we are putting things together right now for our annual vacation in July and one of the cars that we were considering renting again was that AMG CLA. Last time we had a lot of fun with that little car.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: