Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz PC Renewal - worth it? [2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
Does last year's PC run out at end of Jan or Dec? I want to apply for a status match to my National Status but I'm still showing PC. I'm wondering if it takes a few days to run out or if it's good till end of January.

Should I just email them for a.statud match even though it hasn't run out officially yet on my account?
Just email them. It doesn’t matter if your current status is PC.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:52 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
PC just isn't what it used to be. The Gold Points and the 50% bonus points are not worth as much since the devaluation, and I've been finding the selection at many airport locations in the PC lanes to be poor. At SFO and LAX I've actually grabbed 5* lane vehicles on occasion, as PC lane has too many SUV's, Chevy Impalas or Hyundais. While it's great to just head to the pick up area and grab and go, Hertz is often pricing too high i.e. an upcoming 3 day rental at SAN is $240 with Hertz, $140 with Sixt and $80 with NU. Wonder which one to take?

Also, you could status match to DL PLT (they may take your AS MVPG75k,) and that includes PC for the year.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:37 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
Does last year's PC run out at end of Jan or Dec? I want to apply for a status match to my National Status but I'm still showing PC. I'm wondering if it takes a few days to run out or if it's good till end of January.

Should I just email them for a.statud match even though it hasn't run out officially yet on my account?
The opposite of this is happening to me. I should be President's Circle this year but it's still showing as Five Star for me.I had over twenty rentals in Nov 2019.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Also, you could status match to DL PLT (they may take your AS MVPG75k,) and that includes PC for the year.
Can you explain? I'm not familiar with the acronyms.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by m907
Can you explain? I'm not familiar with the acronyms.
It is Delta Platinum. One of the benefits of DL PLT is PC status for Hertz. But I am not sure how this would help in OP's situation.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Follow up: finally applied for a national status match minutes ago.

Once that goes thru, guess I'll match back

Thanks.
Got an email this morning:

Welcome to Emerald Club Executive Elite membership.

Congratulations! Your request for a status match as an Emerald Club Executive Elite® member has been approved. Please allow up to seven business days for your account to reflect the upgrade.

Your Emerald Club Executive Elite membership entitles you to these exclusive benefits:

EXECUTIVE ELITE REWARDS
Earn a Free Rental Day for every 5 credits earned.

GUARANTEED VEHICLE
Give us 24 hours' notice and we'll make sure you have a car.

UPGRADES GUARANTEED
When you reserve a Fullsize through Luxury vehicle, we will charge you one car class less — guaranteed.

PRIVATE AIRPORT DELIVERY
We'll have your car waiting for you. Service is available at most private airports within 50 miles of us.

SPEED AND CHOICE
Bypass the counter, choose a Fullsize vehicle from the exclusive Executive area and only pay the reserved Midsize rate.

FASTER RENTALS
EmeraldAlerts gets you in and out quickly with our Drop & GoSM service and convenient eReceipts, Arrival Alerts and Return Alerts.

REWARD CHOICES
Choose from Free Rental Days, frequent-flyer miles or hotel rewards.

SPECIAL OFFERS
Receive exclusive members-only discounts and offers through our periodic emails.

NO SECOND-DRIVER FEES
Never pay extra when family members living in the same household or business associates do the driving.

WORLDWIDE ACCESS
Emerald Club® is recognized in more than 55 countries throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. With our ever-expanding global presence, you can take your member benefits with you wherever you go. To learn more and make a reservation at participating locations visit national.com.

​​​​​​
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I got that but it didn't reflect in my account right away. I used AMEX link in this thread to update it faster

free Elite
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Got an email this morning:
Mobile account for National now reflecting Executive Elite status. Still showing PC @ Hertz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.