Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz keeps charging me, Express Return slip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Hi everybody. I'm from Belgium and rented a car for the first time in the States.

On Wednesday I returned the rental to Hertz Austin airport, before I flew home to Belgium. The employee of Hertz told me to just leave the keys in the vehicle and wished me a pleasant flight.

This morning I noticed that Hertz keeps charging my credit card every day. I tried to call the customer assistance however they are closed Sa-Su.

After doing some research I noticed that I needed to fill out a Express Return slip which I didn't do. What can I do now? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Hans C.
Hi everybody. I'm from Belgium and rented a car for the first time in the States.

On Wednesday I returned the rental to Hertz Austin airport, before I flew home to Belgium. The employee of Hertz told me to just leave the keys in the vehicle and wished me a pleasant flight.

This morning I noticed that Hertz keeps charging my credit card every day. I tried to call the customer assistance however they are closed Sa-Su.

After doing some research I noticed that I needed to fill out a Express Return slip which I didn't do. What can I do now? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You don't need to fill out anything at an airport location. Leaving the keys in the car *should* have been sufficient, but I've had enough bad experiences with that process that I always get a receipt at the spot now (very many times now they have failed to check the car in for several days and then charged me for that time).

Can you get a receipt from the Hertz website/app?

In general I'd just call/email Hertz and see what's going on.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the meantime, keep your boarding pass as that can be (imperfect) evidence of when you returned the car.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is most easily dealt with by calling the location directly (AUS is (512) 247-7250)). It is open from 06:00 to 01:00 Central time, 7 days per week. Your vehicle was never checked in, so it is continuing to incur charges. Stopping this and having a refund issued ought to be fairly straightforward.

Let us know if that does not work.

For the benefit of others, do not walk away from the vehicle without a printed or emailed receipt (confirm that the email is in).
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:49 pm

This happened to me one time, they forgot to properly close out the rental.

Try to contact the location directly.

-David
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Good reminder to always get a printed receipt before leaving the location if you're not local to the area, or at least an emailed receipt that should come instantaneously upon returning the car.
Auto Enthusiast and Often1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.