Wiki Posts
Search

price fluctuations?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

price fluctuations?

Hey guys,

Long time lurker.. but still a bit of a newbie in the rental realm. I've been looking at rental prices with hertz for a vacation time that I want to go on next year. Yup I know its a ways away but i'm trying to find that sweet spot when it comes to flight and car prices together.

I've got this rental booked already but the flight prices went sky high.. so looking at different dates in july July 12- august 21 TXL And for those dates, the price hasn't budged since the end of august. I literally check every single day just in case.

Too far away? I know its based on demand etc but I'd like to pull the trigger on the airline ticket soon as I can't just cancel and rebook like I can with car rentals. It just blows my mind that 15 day difference in booking goes from 293EUR to 1128!!!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:48 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The trick with flight prices is to know when you see a good deal and jump on it. Obviously, 293EUR was a great deal and you probably should have jumped on it then, but don't worry too much. Prices will probably come down again. Just put in a flight alert at Google Flights to be notified of deals when prices drop.

As for the car rental, we'd just recommend waiting until you have your flights booked and then get a discounted rate quote and book the best deal you can find. Then you can track it with AutoSlash and we'll keep looking for better deals.
jason8612 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

sorry maybe I had it worded wrong. the 293 was for a 5 week car rental. But based on flight prices it would be cheaper for me to fly out 15 days later. ($1000 vs $1600). But when I go with the lower priced flight, the same car rental has gone up from 293 to 1128 EUR. big jump.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:45 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by signalpirate
sorry maybe I had it worded wrong. the 293 was for a 5 week car rental. But based on flight prices it would be cheaper for me to fly out 15 days later. ($1000 vs $1600). But when I go with the lower priced flight, the same car rental has gone up from 293 to 1128 EUR. big jump.
Again, prices on both flights and car rentals change all the time. Wait until you find a good flight deal and then work over time to optimize the car rental rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.