too good of a deal?

Old Aug 20, 19, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Smile too good of a deal?

hey guys,

just looking around at rates for a potential trip to Europe next year and I was looking at hertz and others in TXL. and i'm getting an intermediate automatic for a month (july) and 3 days for 290EUR with a flying blue discount (15%).

I look at others, sixt, enterprise, budget, for example.. and the prices are insane. Is hertz known for being much cheaper than others?

also.. how the heck do I get email contact info for the txl location? I can find phone numbers.. but with and 8 hour time difference.. i'd rather just email them and ask some questions.
Old Aug 20, 19, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by signalpirate View Post
hey guys,

just looking around at rates for a potential trip to Europe next year and I was looking at hertz and others in TXL. and i'm getting an intermediate automatic for a month (july) and 3 days for 290EUR with a flying blue discount (15%).

I look at others, sixt, enterprise, budget, for example.. and the prices are insane. Is hertz known for being much cheaper than others?

also.. how the heck do I get email contact info for the txl location? I can find phone numbers.. but with and 8 hour time difference.. i'd rather just email them and ask some questions.
That does sound really cheap. If it's not a prepaid rate, go ahead and book it, and then figure things out. Can always cancel. Is this through hertz.com?
Joonydell likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 7:50 am
Original Poster

yup I booked it already so atleast I have something. I actually booked it thru hertz.ca I tried hertz.de thinking oh maybe if its local i'll score a better deal... Nope!! it was more expensive and didn't offer unlimited mileage. the hertz.ca site does.. same dates same class car.. Its strange that they can do that based on what website you book thru.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:21 pm

Book first, think later...

(Unless it's a prepaid rate, of course.)
Cymro likes this.

Last edited by m907; Aug 21, 19 at 4:35 pm
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it unlimited miles? What other fees and insurance will you be forced to pay?
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Is it unlimited miles? What other fees and insurance will you be forced to pay?
This. My fear is that you've somehow ended up with a base rate with no CDW, etc. while comparing against full-service packages.
Old Aug 24, 19, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

So fearing that it may be basic basic… and that's why I got such a good rate.. I tried booking the same car on the same dates again. Whether collision damage or theft is included or not... check out the two attachments. That's a huge difference in price. in just a week of booking the original.

Same website, same CDP, same car..

Old Aug 24, 19, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA MM
I've seen this happen, though I rent only domestically. I've always had the crazy low rate honored. Their prices are so variable, sometimes their algorithm just screws up. Grab it while you can
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 25, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I don’t know where you’re based but I note the lack of CDW. If you can’t arrange full CDW of your own, you’ll do much better with a fresh booking regardless.
Old Aug 25, 19, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Cymro. The more expensive quote was just done the other day so that’s their norm. The cdw optional they talk about is the excess or basically what I’d need to pay so I don’t get stuck with their cdw deductible. In any event the only thing I need to worry is that they have third party liability included. Which according to their terms is included.

my credit card insurance covers the rest and actually requires I decline any cdw. Oh and I’m in Canada
Old Aug 30, 19, 11:33 am
Original Poster

been checking every day to see if this thing would glitch again... no dice.. been trying to secure a reservation from june 28 to august 7.. basically extending it by a week... skyrockets to 1100Eur. that's nuts.

Anyone have any luck with bookings say with a vpn, different browser, different sites?? or are they even looking at that?

I know that if I try to book the same dates and car on the german website, not only is it more expensive, it doesn't even include unlimited km.

Search this Thread