Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points disappeared from account

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Points disappeared from account

Logged in 3 days ago to find about 6k points had randomly disappeared from my account. Called in and was told an email went out saying I needed to "accept the updated terms and conditions," or my points would expire. I received no such email; the only email I did get mentioned that Hertz was updating terms and conditions effective 10/11/19, and that continuing to use the program / make rentals constituted acceptance.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Seems pretty clear I've been given the runaround by the phone agent, but I'm not sure how to get this fixed. Also odd that the deducted amount was both not a round number (was 5908 or something), and was also not my full points balance.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:51 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Could the points have expired?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

No, I had points activity a month or so before.

Edit: to clarify- I had rental points activity.

Last edited by UnitedConnection; Oct 2, 2019 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I also received the email on 9/13 announcing updated terms and conditions. The exact wording was “Continued participation in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, booking a reservation or entering into a rental using your member number after October 11, 2019 constitutes acceptance of the updated Terms”, so I would interpret that as saying no further action is required. Certainly that isn’t why your points disappeared. (Mine didn’t.)
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
fwiw, I also recently had a few thousand points disappear, some in Aug & some in Sep?

Recent online activity revealed no transaction(s) deducting those points???

When I called in, I was told there was an audit of my account & supposedly @4 yrs ago they now say, I was awarded points on several award rentals???

I have no recollection of that and online activity records don't go back that far.

The CS rep also told me an email was sent, which of course was never received.

Not sure this is what happened to you but maybe it's worth another phone call?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:30 am

My points disappeared as well at least 2 months ago, but I will confess I had no idea what the terms and conditions were so I assumed I just let them lapse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.