Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "You Have Multiple Reservations" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "You Have Multiple Reservations" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:31 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I always make a res for whatever is cheap at my destination as soon as I know my schedule, and then sometimes make another reservation as we get closer to the dates, sometimes a different car class, but at least a week before I cancel whichever I decide I don't need.

On an upcoming rental, have a res for a sedan, and last night I saw a good price on an SUV, so I made the new res, as I wanted to speak with my family about what car we really want (SUV is nice, but lower mileage and less secure luggage storage than a sedan with a trunk).

Overnight I got an email from Hertz about the double booking, giving me until tomorrow morning to cancel one or they would do so automatically. Not unreasonable, but an interesting change. Res is for three weeks from now.
I merged this post with the existing thread about multiple bookings.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:43 am

When Hertz sends these emails out, is there any actual logic that goes into which is the "recommended" one to keep?

I booked two identical reservations, same car class, same length, same drop-off, same price, only difference is the pickup location. Keeping both reservations for now, but just curious.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:05 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by CorSter
When Hertz sends these emails out, is there any actual logic that goes into which is the "recommended" one to keep?

I booked two identical reservations, same car class, same length, same drop-off, same price, only difference is the pickup location. Keeping both reservations for now, but just curious.
The one that is most profitable for them?
CorSter, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by CorSter

the newer one will be ‘recommended’
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage / Hertz Five Star
I am currently on a reservation odyssey of my own. When I initially booked my reservation for an upcoming trip (about a month ago) a 4 day full size rental from Philadelphia Airport was going to cost $820. Over the course of the month I have rebooked at least 7 times and my price for the same rental is now only $295 for the 4 days. It is worth continually checking the prices on new reservations - I am saving over $500 because of it. I of course have cancelled all the higher priced reservations.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:58 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by refreshingcoke
I am currently on a reservation odyssey of my own. When I initially booked my reservation for an upcoming trip (about a month ago) a 4 day full size rental from Philadelphia Airport was going to cost $820. Over the course of the month I have rebooked at least 7 times and my price for the same rental is now only $295 for the 4 days. It is worth continually checking the prices on new reservations - I am saving over $500 because of it. I of course have cancelled all the higher priced reservations.
Kudos for lowering your rate! You do know there's an easier way than constantly re-checking the rates on your own though, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.