Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for 6 weeks rental sea to sfo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Advice for 6 weeks rental sea to sfo

Need a car for about 6 weeks in the summer. Preferred pick up SEA. Drop off SFO or thereabouts. I need to visit Vancouver too close to the start of the rental. I'm seeing pretty high rates (over 2k for 4 weeks).

I'm trying to split the rental in two as I think that the best rates are for 28 days (true?).

I have a bunch of pts that I could use eg to do the first 2 weeks sea to sea on pts and rest as a standard rental.

Any other idea to keep costs down? I have tried autoslash but not seeing much better prices....

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:36 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Often for 28+ day rentals, there are $50 coupon codes, so sometimes those work out. You could try it as a 8-30 day rental and then a 2-week rental vs. a 6-week rental. Our advice is to just book a pay-later rate both ways and then track both rentals with us. Rates can change every day (sometimes multiple times a day), so just because something is the best deal right now, doesn't mean that it will still be the best deal tomorrow, next week, or 3 days before pickup. That's the value of tracking the rate over time.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:46 am

If you'll be in SEA for some time, check splitting it into two rentals, one starting and ending in SEA, and one one-way to SFO.
Also, for any extended rental, renting from an HLE can give significant savings as you don't pay the (daily) airport fees. Downside is much worse car selection.
m907 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:40 am

If you don't have your own car insurance and will rely on Collision Damage Cover provided by your credit card, beware of the maximum duration of cover.
m907 and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Thanks for all the advice. I will get one week SEA-SEA (or SEA HLE) and then a 5 weeks SEA HLE to SFO, or maybe even split this into a four week SEA HLE to SFO HLE and further week SFO HLE to SFO HLE. I will then use autoslash to monitor the rates. If there's anything else, I'll gladly consider it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.