Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Dollar share rewards program with Hertz?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, SPG

This may sound silly but I tried to google it without luck. Does rentals at Dollar earn points toward Hertz and does Dollar accept Hertz status?

Thank you guys.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:20 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The answers are: No and No. In short, there is no link whatsoever between Hertz Gold Rewards, Dollar Rewards, and Thrifty Blue Chip. Points earning and/or status is with the program for the company you are renting from only.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
The answers are: No and No. In short, there is no link whatsoever between Hertz Gold Rewards, Dollar Rewards, and Thrifty Blue Chip. Points earning and/or status is with the program for the company you are renting from only.
Simply for clarity as I'm new to the Hertz program: Even though Hertz owns Dollar and Thrifty, neither company would honor my Hertz Presidential Circle status. Correct?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:59 am

Correct. The only customer-facing link you might notice is the discount brands recycle Hertz's old beat up high mileage 2 year old trash.
2stepbay and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
The only customer-facing link you might notice is the discount brands recycle Hertz's old beat up high mileage 2 year old trash.
Not soon enough based on some of the beaters I've found in the Hertz fleet.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
The one thing they supposedly do share is the DNR (do not rent) list. If you get banned on one, you're banned on all.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Correct. The only customer-facing link you might notice is the discount brands recycle Hertz's old beat up high mileage 2 year old trash.
Huh. I've always had good luck getting new (sub-15,000 mile) cars from Thrifty. Dollar can be rough though.
TravelinSperry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.