Wiki Posts
Search

Unwanted Dynamic Currency Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Unwanted Dynamic Currency Conversion

Hi all,

Recently had a rental out of CDG, and I just received the email receipt that had me charged in my local currency instead of EUR. Of course I am aware of DCC and never accept it if I am offered, so this must have been done without my knowledge. The difference between that and the mid-market rate is only 8 EUR or so, but the principle of the matter still stands.

On the e-receipt, there appears to be line saying "Il m'a ete propose le choix de la monnaie, j'ai donc choisi de payer la facture de ma location dans la monnaie du pays de provenance de ma carte de credit" - which based on Google Translate suggests that I was offered the choice of currency and chose to pay in my local currency. This is certainly not true.

What recourse, if any, do I have in this situation? Or is it not worth fighting?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
You could dispute the transaction with the CC company but Hertz may in that instance decide it no longer wants you as a customer.

I would raise a complaint; Hertz's Twitter is very responsive. Not sure what kind of remedy you might expect (it's only $8 at the end of the day, but it is awful customer service).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.