Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to webpage explaining the changes: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=loyalty_changes.jsp
Print Wikipost

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:00 pm

Hi rtch92,
Good to see you again. I also saw the A5 parked at Terminal 3 on last Sunday.

I usually pick up my weekend rental on Friday and YYZ might be the worst location I've been to.
There are couple of times I only saw corollas/kia souls and other smaller cars in the whole garage ONLY and they refused to give my any car bigger than Mid Size.

I told them that the bottom line is to give me at least a full size vehicle since I am PC and I always book my reservation 1 week prior to arrival. It's guaranteed.

Two times, seriously two times, they said sorry sir there are no cars available (even I showed him Hertz App showing up availability). I did 50+ rentals with Hertz last year but PC means nothing at YYZ. I totally agree with you.

The manager (hidden name for privacy) is not helpful either and I saw him couple of times arguing with customers loudly

Last edited by jizen; Feb 5, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:18 pm

I got my Carfirmation Sunday too, says:

‘Hertz Ultimate Choice® provides the freedom to choose the vehicle that’s right for you from our best fleet ever.

I guess Best means a downgrade?

Very disappointed by Hertz at YYZ.

Originally Posted by jizen
Hi rtch92,
Good to see you again. I also saw the A5 parked at Terminal 3 on last Sunday.

I usually pick up my weekend rental on Friday and YYZ might be the worst location I've been to.
There are couple of times I only saw corollas/kia souls and other smaller cars in the whole garage ONLY and they refused to give my any car bigger than Mid Size.

I told them that the bottom line is to give me at least a full size vehicle since I am PC and I always book my reservation 1 week prior to arrival. It's guaranteed.

Two times, seriously two times, they said sorry sir there are no cars available (even I showed him Hertz App showing up availability). I did 50+ rentals with Hertz last year but PC means nothing at YYZ. I totally agree with you.

The manager Tony is not helpful either and I saw him couple of times arguing with customers loudly
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rtch92
doesn't work like that, especially at YYZ.

did 30+ rentals last year and have recently quoted this (as early as Sunday night) and they told me it’s subject to availability and change.
This is a new benefit that only started this year, so the number of rentals you had last year isn't relevant.

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program has some details, although I don't think anyone really knows how it will work yet.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.........you will be entitled to any car in the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals............
........Offering you the chance to upgrade to any available car on the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals.....
Different wording but means the same thing. You can be upgraded to any car Hertz has that day for your 30th and 40th rentals. It is a bonus for customers who rent 30 or more times each years.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Different wording but means the same thing. You can be upgraded to any car Hertz has that day for your 30th and 40th rentals. It is a bonus for customers who rent 30 or more times each years.
i’ll be at the cusp of 30 rentals by the last week of April with Hertz, and by then i’ll keep the terms and conditions handy on my phone along with a card to put this to the test.

when i spoke to the people at the Presidents Circle desk they advised it should work for me due to my rental history, maybe this is YMMV?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 7, 2019 at 5:06 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:59 pm

Benefit considered ‘Hertz Platinum’

Hey Everyone,

So a little insight to this upgrade scheme with Hertz.

Once you reach that point, ‘they’ will consider you ‘Hertz Platinum’.. and to be honest, I thought it was a joke.

Don’t think it’s a new tier as it still shows Presidents Circle on the board but when I showed up this weekend to pick up a vehicle they said I was ‘Platinum’ and to pick an upgrade for free.

Now this isn’t YYZ, I picked up at YVR but quite surprised.

This was confirmed as I got an email from them after I dropped it off showing ‘Platinum Customer Care Team’ asking me if I needed any further services from them and to call their dedicated number if I needed to.

Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Were you given Platinum Return benefit? This is normally either a separate return area (like in SFO) and a drive back to the terminal in either the same car or a Hertz limo/town car.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:24 pm

Returned the vehicle in the same area as always, when they scanned the vehicle they offered it to me, but in the same vehicle back to the terminal, FREE of charge.

I didn’t get any information about what Platinum customers get, but I assume there’s little or no perks to it above the standard Presidents Circle.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Were you given Platinum Return benefit? This is normally either a separate return area (like in SFO) and a drive back to the terminal in either the same car or a Hertz limo/town car.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Once you reach that point, ‘they’ will consider you ‘Hertz Platinum’.. and to be honest, I thought it was a joke.
I presume you mean they have just treated you as that for this one rental? I'm guessing you'll be back to PC for your next 9 rentals.
Don’t think it’s a new tier as it still shows Presidents Circle on the board but when I showed up this weekend to pick up a vehicle they said I was ‘Platinum’ and to pick an upgrade for free.
Platinum IS a separate tier, but it's a paid tier, not one (normally) earn by rentals.

This does confirm the previous suspicion that it'll be worth managing exactly when you hit these thresholds. Wouldn't want to waste this at my local HLE for a one-day rental..
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It was only offered as a paid tier in some markets - and in USA, I I thought that it no longer offered paid Platinum status
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
spoke to CS agent the other day, and she informed me that it is by invite only....never mentioned the paid option.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Joonydell
spoke to CS agent the other day, and she informed me that it is by invite only....never mentioned the paid option.
Invite only? Well i’m nothing special to be honest. I wonder how this happened.

and, I called the PC # and they advised me to contact another #.. so possibly i’m ‘Platinum’?

Originally Posted by docbert
I presume you mean they have just treated you as that for this one rental? I'm guessing you'll be back to PC for your next 9 rentals.

Platinum IS a separate tier, but it's a paid tier, not one (normally) earn by rentals.

This does confirm the previous suspicion that it'll be worth managing exactly when you hit these thresholds. Wouldn't want to waste this at my local HLE for a one-day rental..
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Platinum Elite status exists; there are several threads in this forum that can be found by a simple search. In its current form, it is invitation-only, and largely based on dollar spend and/or ability to influence revenue to Hertz. The primary benefits are cars brought to the terminal by Hertz staff at the start of rental and private drive back to the terminal at the end of the rental at most airport stations and generous upgrades.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Platinum Elite status exists; there are several threads in this forum that can be found by a simple search. In its current form, it is invitation-only, and largely based on dollar spend and/or ability to influence revenue to Hertz. The primary benefits are cars brought to the terminal by Hertz staff at the start of rental and private drive back to the terminal at the end of the rental at most airport stations and generous upgrades.
I hadn't heard of it before and just stumbled across a reference to it whilst researching the Clear free trial; so another Platinum benefit is 6 months free Clear/Hertz Fast Lane trial. Still not quite sure how this works...at the moment it's only at two airports but they say they're rolling it out at a LOT more airports this year.

Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:56 am

I question the value of the pickup and drop-off because it's only worthwhile at certain large airports. At PIT, for example, the rental car lot is about 100 feet from the baggage claim.
Auto Enthusiast and Joonydell like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.