Community
Wiki Posts
Search

unannounced major rate increase

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:10 am

I've been watching my rate and my upcoming 4-day rental has been fluctuating between $80 ~ $115 with the pricing almost changing everyday. Hoping it doesn't go any higher than that but in either case, I will raise my concern at the counter when I pick up my car.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:54 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by iamalexchung
I've been watching my rate and my upcoming 4-day rental has been fluctuating between $80 ~ $115 with the pricing almost changing everyday. Hoping it doesn't go any higher than that but in either case, I will raise my concern at the counter when I pick up my car.
You are seeing the rate of your already confirmed reservation changing or the pricing of a new reservation? What CDP is on the reservation?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You are seeing the rate of your already confirmed reservation changing or the pricing of a new reservation? What CDP is on the reservation?
Yes, my already confirmed reservation is fluctuating in price. Amex Centurion CDP - this was the CDP that Autoslash gave me too.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:38 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by iamalexchung
Yes, my already confirmed reservation is fluctuating in price. Amex Centurion CDP - this was the CDP that Autoslash gave me too.
Interesting that another poster upthread reported that they were using the Amex Platinum CDP. I wonder if there is something going on with those Amex CDPs?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Interesting that another poster upthread reported that they were using the Amex Platinum CDP. I wonder if there is something going on with those Amex CDPs?
Very likely. I have another separate booking tomorrow that is using the AAA CDP and it hasn't rate adjusted. I'll keep an eye on it and also will report back how it goes with my Amex CDP booking.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:01 am

I had the exact same problems with bookings recently under two different corp CDP
I guess Hertz IT department might just let their trainee do whatever they want
These two bookings has been also fluctuating between the original rate and $30-150 bucks higher
There are no changes regarding of the contract or policy with Hertz

AAA CDP is the outside, stable and reliable
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by Often1
It's that time of year. If the "leisure" feature of your corporate rate is gone, your rental is repriced because you aren't eligible for it.

This type of change is exactly the sort of thing which an employer might not send a blast email as it doesn't affect business operations.
I contacted our travel department and they chewed on this for a while, eventually confirming that nothing should have changed for 2019. They blamed the local operator of Hertz in Anchorage.

Originally Posted by jizen
I had the exact same problems with bookings recently under two different corp CDP
I guess Hertz IT department might just let their trainee do whatever they want
These two bookings has been also fluctuating between the original rate and $30-150 bucks higher
There are no changes regarding of the contract or policy with Hertz

AAA CDP is the outside, stable and reliable
My situation is also related to a Hertz corporate CDP. Of my several upcoming reservations booked with this CDP, only my Alaska one has been changed and the rest remain stable. They are a mix of leisure and business reservations. It appears this is a broader problem than some corner-case IT glitch, and per the previous poster's report, a problem that is being dumped onto the exit gate representatives.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:08 am

I've tried to price up a rental for a forthcoming trip, using the web version of the hertz site.
Although I have a couple of CDPs stored in my profile (including the amex UK CDP) the booking engine will not give me a price with those codes - it just freezes. I'm wondering if some wayward code change has slipped through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.