Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found jewelry in rental vehicle

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Found jewelry in rental vehicle

I found a piece of jewelry in my last rental and would like to return it to the rightful owner. I知 reluctant to turn it over to Hertz because of my own experience trying to recover lost items from them.

This may be potentially valuable or have sentimental value to someone. If you致e recently lost jewelry in a Hertz rental please PM me with a description of the item and make, model & color of the vehicle you lost it in. This was in the eastern USA two days ago.

I知 open to other suggestions on how to find the rightful owner.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I found a piece of jewelry in my last rental and would like to return it to the rightful owner. I知 reluctant to turn it over to Hertz because of my own experience trying to recover lost items from them.

This may be potentially valuable or have sentimental value to someone. If you致e recently lost jewelry in a Hertz rental please PM me with a description of the item and make, model & color of the vehicle you lost it in. This was in the eastern USA two days ago.

I知 open to other suggestions on how to find the rightful owner.
Turn it in to the local police where the car was rented, get a receipt from the police, and then give Hertz the police case number (if there is one), ask Hertz to contact the last couple of renters of your vehicle, and have Hertz ask the prior renters if they lost an item of jewelry. If they did, Hertz can give them the phone number for the police department.

If the police report describes the jewelry with particularity, I would not give a copy of the report itself to any Hertz employee -- for reasons that should be obvious.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Turn it in to the local police where the car was rented, get a receipt from the police, and then give Hertz the police case number (if there is one), ask Hertz to contact the last couple of renters of your vehicle, and have Hertz ask the prior renters if they lost an item of jewelry. If they did, Hertz can give them the phone number for the police department.

If the police report describes the jewelry with particularity, I would not give a copy of the report itself to any Hertz employee -- for reasons that should be obvious.
Good suggestion, but not feasible. I'm in PDX and the vehicle was rented in eastern USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.