Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed Upgrade Policy for President's Circle Members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed Upgrade Policy for President's Circle Members?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 3:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I just found an H4 Intermediate Elite SUV a few dollars cheaper than my usual Intermediate Car reservation. I know I will get a car assigned, however, can I possibly downgrade and choose a more fuel efficient SUV from the PC area?
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yes, assuming it's an Ultimate Choice location and there is a more fuel efficient SUV available in the Gold/5*/PC area. Even if not, downgrades are usually not an issue.
So Here's an update:

About an hour before pickup, I checked the reservation to see if I could push it to an hour later. To my surprise, there was a question mark on the type of car I reserved. Immediately called Hertz and the person who assisted me told me that my reservation was no longer valid because the vehicle category I had selected was unavailable. She was quoting a small SUV for almost double the price, so I pushed until she granted me a full size for the same price of my original reservation.

Fast forward, at Pickup, the PC area was EMPTY and there were a few sedans at the Five Star area. The staff member at the booth asked me what type of vehicle I wanted and I mentioned I was looking for a small SUV. Within minutes, they brought me a Lincoln Nautilus with less than 400 miles ^
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:16 am

I am required to book a "Compact" car for work. For my one class upgrade as PC, is intermediate the next level? Do they confirm the upgrade prior to arrival? If so, can I then pick from Ultimate Choice if confirmed into Intermediate? This will be a long rental (20+ days).
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:43 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
For my one class upgrade as PC, is intermediate the next level?
Yes
Do they confirm the upgrade prior to arrival? If so, can I then pick from Ultimate Choice if confirmed into Intermediate?
For Ultimate Choice, your original car class (before the PC upgrade) must be Intermediate. I would expect you to receive a Carfirmation email directing you to your assigned vehicle; it should be a confirmed upgrade to an Intermediate or better car. Hopefully, it will be something decent.
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I am required to book a "Compact" car for work. For my one class upgrade as PC, is intermediate the next level? Do they confirm the upgrade prior to arrival? If so, can I then pick from Ultimate Choice if confirmed into Intermediate? This will be a long rental (20+ days).
They might make an exception, but the way it's supposed to work is that you have to book an intermediate to get access to the status-based areas (5*, PC) using Ultimate Choice. So, if your booking is for a compact, you're not supposed to get access to Ultimate Choice. I believe that they will either assign you an intermediate or send you to the intermediate area (if they have one) to choose a vehicle.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Pay the difference when your manager questions the expense, it’s well worth it.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Do these upgrades typically work outside the US or Canada for PC members?

I will be in Panama next week then Caracas the week after and was curious if I should expect to be upgraded.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:56 pm

PC upgrade is now as available only

Both the twitter and phone agent were saying pretty much the same thing, it's subject to availability and only at locations where full gold service (where you can bypass the counter, aka big airports) is available. Also the HLE (corporate) people have been telling me this for a while when I reserved a midsize (for three times in a row gave me a sentra, personally I can't think of anything that is worse than this in the whole category). What a stupid company
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by doglynx
Both the twitter and phone agent were saying pretty much the same thing, it's subject to availability and only at locations where full gold service (where you can bypass the counter, aka big airports) is available. Also the HLE (corporate) people have been telling me this for a while when I reserved a midsize (for three times in a row gave me a sentra, personally I can't think of anything that is worse than this in the whole category). What a stupid company
That sounds like when Marriott purchased Starwood and guaranteed perks turned into guaranteed priority queues.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Time to move to National.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:08 pm

Remember that National has very few neighborhood locations, if that's where you would normally rent. The offered alternative is Enterprise, under the same corporate parent. While you still can earn National credits there, you won't get to choose your car, or get guaranteed nice upgrades, either.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by damnyourefine
That sounds like when Marriott purchased Starwood and guaranteed perks turned into guaranteed priority queues.
well considering they still have guaranteed upgrade on their website, this is more like shamelessly lying. Marriot made an announcement and it only advertised what it was
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
National match is very quick.

Shocked at the Emerald Aisle, especially the Executive area PHX had too many options Hertz was disappointing.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hertz trying to make sure they go into bankruptcy? Significantly cutting benefits and reducing service isn't the way to get people to come back to them when things start to recover.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Hasn’t the “guaranteed upgrade” always been “based on availability”
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, 'based on availability' but was not a restrictions of only at locations that offer full Gold member service. You used to be able to get upgrades at the many corporate locations where they have gold service counters but not the 'full' go straight to the lot and pick your car service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.