Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Confirmed Upgrade Policy for President's Circle Members?

Old Oct 14, 18, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond

as a pc member, is there a limit to the guaranteed one class upgrade? can i reserve a premium and get the next level higher? or is there a cap?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 14, 18 at 2:50 pm Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#threadtitles
Old Oct 14, 18, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Joonydell View Post
as a pc member, is there a limit to the guaranteed one class upgrade? can i reserve a premium and get the next level higher? or is there a cap?
Maximum upgrade is to a full size vehicle

Book anything higher than the category below full size and there is no upgrade benefit , so book a premium and expect a premium
Old Oct 14, 18, 4:09 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Dave is right, but often you can get much nicer vehicles at Ultimate Choice locations as a PC member with an intermediate car reservation.
Old Oct 15, 18, 9:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Dave is right, but often you can get much nicer vehicles at Ultimate Choice locations as a PC member with an intermediate car reservation.
Question to tag along on this thread about PC members

I am flying into ZRH come mid November for 3 days. I am debating renting the Premium car which is a Mercedes 350 or the sort. As a PC member (fresh this year) and I honestly do not know but isn't there a special allotment of vehicles I can just grab in the PC area in most major locations or is this not how it works. I honestly do not know but I was in Vegas this past Spring and saw a special PC area with vehicles. I made the presumption that you can either take your current rental or pick from one of the PC cars. Can anyone brief me with how this works?
Old Oct 15, 18, 9:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
You should refer to the Ultimate Choice thread linked above for rentals at many major airport locations in the United States. You should have also received a Carfirmation email from Hertz stating something like this:
Hello @aspenedelen,

Welcome to Hertz Las Vegas, where you will experience Hertz Ultimate Choice.®
Hertz Ultimate Choice® provides the freedom to choose the vehicle that’s right for you from our best fleet ever.

Upon arrival at Hertz:
  • Go directly to the President's Circle zone, where you can choose any vehicle in that Zone and go!
OR
  • See a vehicle you like in Five Star or Gold, Fullsize (Zone 1), Midsize (Zone 2), Compact (Zone 3)? Just get in and go; no extra charge.
UPGRADES: Premium Upgrades and Ultimate Series
  • Choose any vehicle from our best ever Premium Upgrades Zone for $25* more per day.
    • Just get in and go; upgrade fees will be processed at the Exit Gate.
  • Vehicle in our Ultimate Series Zone - the cars you dream about like Porsche, Mercedes and Range Rover – are also available; just ask your agent for details.
No one offers you a better choice than Hertz.

NeverLost® is now portable. If you have reserved NeverLost, please pick up the device from the exit gate attendant.
For all others, cars will be assigned to you by Hertz staff.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 16, 18 at 4:30 am
Old Oct 16, 18, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Agreed but I would say this is very location dependent. For example, the one airport I am renting from regularly right now definitely stocks the PC area with better then intermediates but its a rare one off if you see anything remotely close to premium (but they do toss in some SUV's).
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 18, 8:29 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
Question to tag along on this thread about PC members

I am flying into ZRH come mid November for 3 days. I am debating renting the Premium car which is a Mercedes 350 or the sort. As a PC member (fresh this year) and I honestly do not know but isn't there a special allotment of vehicles I can just grab in the PC area in most major locations or is this not how it works. I honestly do not know but I was in Vegas this past Spring and saw a special PC area with vehicles. I made the presumption that you can either take your current rental or pick from one of the PC cars. Can anyone brief me with how this works?
There's no PC allotment or Ultimate Choice area in ZRH as far as I recall. You'll get assigned a vehicle and would need to go to the Gold/PC counter to get it swapped if need be
aspenedelen likes this.
Old Oct 17, 18, 9:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by ng1265 View Post
There's no PC allotment or Ultimate Choice area in ZRH as far as I recall. You'll get assigned a vehicle and would need to go to the Gold/PC counter to get it swapped if need be
Ahhh… I did not know that actually but I very much appreciate your response. The last time I flew in which was a year ago I rented a premium and they upgraded me for my 24 hour trip into a Mercedes S350 D. It was truly a amazing car. I remember when I landed I went to the Gold Desk and told them I was PC and whether or not that had any direction on the vehicle upgrade I'll never know but it was one sweet experience driving a $150k car driving to Zermatt then
Old Oct 31, 18, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
What does "guaranteed" actually mean ?

Just a quick one.

Since I've been PC, I have found on the whole that Hertz airport locations have been excellent in upgrading me at least 1 group.

However, today of all days, when I was in too much of a hurry to do anything about it, I rolled up at LHR to find out I had been allocated the group I had actually booked

It's not a big deal and I don't need to spend any time or energy on it, but it did make me wonder: what does "guaranteed" actually mean ?

If I'd gone into the Gold office and they genuinely couldn't offer me anything FoC what's the recourse ? Avis (who I generally depise) at least say they'll throw in a free sat nav, but I can't find any similar promise on the Hertz website...

Just musing...
Old Oct 31, 18, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you read this Confirmed Upgrade Policy for President's Circle Members?
Old Oct 31, 18, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Did you ? It doesn't in any way address the question I asked...
Old Oct 31, 18, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It means exactly what the contract says it means, e.g., "it is not guaranteed." That is because Hertz may not be able, on occasion, to fulfill the "guarantee" and you are not entitled to anything if it cannot.
Old Oct 31, 18, 12:43 pm

They should really call it the 'perchance, maybe, imaginable, we'll-see-how-the-staff-feel-on-the-day, possibility of an upgrade' benefit of being a PC member.

I've been PC for the last couple of years and I have to say most stations are pretty good at giving some sort of upgrade, especially the airports, but to call it a guarantee is just a flat out lie when it's absolutely nothing of the sort.
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 31, 18, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
It means exactly what the contract says it means, e.g., "it is not guaranteed." That is because Hertz may not be able, on occasion, to fulfill the "guarantee" and you are not entitled to anything if it cannot.
Except that the contract doesn't say that. Hertz' Terms and Conditions for President's Circle say this (and thus the OP's question):

"Guaranteed Upgrade Offer

A one-car-class upgrade is offered at Hertz participating #1 Club Gold locations in Australia, New Zealand, the U.S., Canada and Europe. A minimum 2-hour advance reservation is required for the upgrade to apply. Reserve the vehicle you wish to pay for and receive a vehicle one-car class above the one you requested. The upgrade offer does not apply to coupon offers."

For Five Star and below, Hertz' conditions say that upgrades are subject to availability. There is no such condition stated for President's Circle, provided the advance reservation timeframe is satisfied.
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 18, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This seems to be a continuation of https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...-offering.html

Here's a snip from Hertz' website https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...esidentsCircle
Confirmed vehicle one-car-class upgrade available at all participating locations in the U.S., Canada and select European locations. Maximum upgrade is to a Full-Size class vehicle with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle.
If LHR isn't one of the "select European locations" (and I don't know if they are or not; I am sure some of the LHR regulars can clarify) then a PC member isn't guaranteed an upgrade. In any case, the language above contains enough loopholes as not to guarantee something.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 1, 18 at 5:58 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: