How did you manage to get on it?
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Delroy12
Does anybody know how to get off the permanent do not rent list for Hertz

I moved the following post to the appropriate thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Delroy12
Does anybody know how to get off the permanent do not rent list for Hertz
Why are you on the list? A little hard to say much useful without knowing the full & exact details.
cestmoi123, m907 and Joonydell like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 2:18 pm

Hi my name is [redacted] and I need help with this DNR I aslo don't know why I am on the do not rent list

Last edited by jason8612; May 21, 2020 at 3:59 am Reason: redacted poster's name
Old May 18, 2020, 6:38 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Sherice Robinson
Hi my name is [redacted] and I need help with this DNR I aslo don't know why I am on the do not rent list
Have you asked Hertz why you're on it?

Last edited by jason8612; May 21, 2020 at 4:00 am Reason: redacted poster's name
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:45 pm

I paid my bill

How can I get removed from the list
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Leons23
Have you tried calling the number that was posted ( 405-775-3091 ) ( assuming it still works ) and asking?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Leons23
How did you get on it?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:57 pm
NMS

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Have you tried calling the number that was posted ( 405-775-3091 ) ( assuming it still works ) and asking?
This number is out of service. The new number is (405) 384 8342. There is also an email address: [email protected]

Last edited by NMS; Mar 15, 2022 at 1:11 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:17 am

Problems with hertz

My issue with hertz is that I didnt pay the fees for the last car i had, my reason being hertz "lost" all my property from the rental car. I was coming back from a camping trip when I got pulled over and I had a warrant out for my arrest for something I did when I was younger. But whatever long story short I was taken into custody for few hours. The vehicle had to be towed and with all stuff. The cops assured me that my property left in vehicle would be fine. I was released that same day and i called the tow company asking about the vehicle and they told me that hertz had already picked up the car. So then I reached out to hertz where I originally rented the car from and they had no idea the car had even got towed, so they couldn't help me . 2 weeks later I found out that car was picked up By Santa Ana Airport hertz but they had no idea where my stuff was at. I kept going back and forth with them and I never heard back from them . I had 500 drone in there I had all my gear from camping my personal belongings and they just don't know what happened it. Getting a hold of someone is nearly impossible at the airport
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Omorrow
My issue with hertz is that I didnt pay the fees for the last car i had, my reason being hertz "lost" all my property from the rental car. I was coming back from a camping trip when I got pulled over and I had a warrant out for my arrest for something I did when I was younger. But whatever long story short I was taken into custody for few hours. The vehicle had to be towed and with all stuff. The cops assured me that my property left in vehicle would be fine. I was released that same day and i called the tow company asking about the vehicle and they told me that hertz had already picked up the car. So then I reached out to hertz where I originally rented the car from and they had no idea the car had even got towed, so they couldn't help me . 2 weeks later I found out that car was picked up By Santa Ana Airport hertz but they had no idea where my stuff was at. I kept going back and forth with them and I never heard back from them . I had 500 drone in there I had all my gear from camping my personal belongings and they just don't know what happened it. Getting a hold of someone is nearly impossible at the airport
In my experience working with tow companies, there is a pretty good chance those items were all gone before Hertz got the car.
TerryK, jmw, uanj and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
In my experience working with tow companies, there is a pretty good chance those items were all gone before Hertz got the car.
It never even crossed my mind thinking it couldve been the tow company. Makes alot sense is there anything I can do about it?
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Omorrow
It never even crossed my mind thinking it couldve been the tow company. Makes alot sense is there anything I can do about it?
Not really. I was an insurance adjuster and constantly had people saying things were stolen from the car after the accident before they could get back to it. In those cases we'd cover it as part of the loss. You may want to ask your insurance company about covering it less the deductible but I'm not sure they cover property loss from a rental car in this situation.

Only other thing you could do is make a police report... not that that will give you much of a solution either.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:15 pm

You can find a very old Wall Street Journal article about the PERMANENT DO NOT RENT list. If I remember it includes taking a car offroad.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: Avios, Mileage Plus, Elevate, Skywards
Added to DNR List 10 yrs Ago

I was added to Hertz's Do Not Rent List roughly ten years ago for not paying for damage. I was wondering if I'm would be able to rent from them now or if being on the DNR is permanent? Figured I asked here before I contact Hertz directly, first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.