Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLC: best strategy to maximize status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
SLC: best strategy to maximize status

Hi all,

I'm starting a new 6-month project where I may stay over at my client location for several weeks before flying home. Is it better for me to break my 3-week rental into 1-week segments and increase the number of rental contracts? Does status in Hertz count more on quantity of rentals vs. # of days rented?

Your advice would be helpful! And if anyone knows a manager at the SLC location that can help provide some favorable freebie upgrades (based on "who you know") that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:07 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Gold Plus Rewards tiers are based on the number of rentals. You are regular Gold up to 6 rentals. From 7-19 rentals you move up to Five Star, and then on your 20th rental you are President's Circle.

As far as SLC goes, it's an Ultimate Choice location so you just reserve an intermediate car (or above) and you can pick from the section that corresponds to your status level.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
Also, I'm a total noob when it comes to the car programs so I just realized my United 1K gets me President's Circle status, which I just registered for. I was thinking of sticking with Hertz rewards and the 25% bonus we receive, unless there is a better points value from using United or Marriott as reward options...I will be renting for personal use sometimes so it's useful for me to accumulate Hertz points, I think.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Gold Plus Rewards tiers are based on the number of rentals. You are regular Gold up to 6 rentals. From 7-19 rentals you move up to Five Star, and then on your 20th rental you are President's Circle.

As far as SLC goes, it's an Ultimate Choice location so you just reserve an intermediate car (or above) and you can pick from the section that corresponds to your status level.
Thank you very much for your reply! So I guess it doesn't matter in my case how many rental periods I have, if I've achieved the highest status level. If I lost my United 1K status then it would be down to how many rental periods I had...but my status will be good until Feb 2020, so I guess I have to worry about this in 2019 (or 2020?).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 18, 2018 at 5:38 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:25 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Right, President's Circle should get you some nice upgrades at SLC. With all the renting you'll be doing, you should qualify for PC through the end of 2019, so if you lose your UA 1K you should be good.

Accruing Hertz points for personal rentals is a good use of the credit. You could also credit to United and get bonus points. See here for more information. Honestly, AutoSlash can get you much better rates than what you'd get on this page, but if you are expensing it to your client, you may not be very price sensitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.