Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting two cars simultaneously...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Renting two cars simultaneously...

It's either pay $36 a day for parking or rent a car for $15 a day from Hertz and park it at Hertz's lot for free.. then fly down to Mexico City to rent a different Hertz car.

Will I have problems with my CDW on my credit card?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Wiggums
It's either pay $36 a day for parking or rent a car for $15 a day from Hertz and park it at Hertz's lot for free.. then fly down to Mexico City to rent a different Hertz car.

No problem at all.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

Asked and answered myriad times over ... no problem ... search "simultaneous rental" ... from 2004 ...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
No problem. I even had a period where I'd park my long-term Hertz rental in Hertz's lot and fly elsewhere to rent another Hertz car.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Sure, I could look up information from 2004... but don't rules change? In 2004, I was covered if the rental rate was no more than $300 a week. Then a few years ago, I was told the car cannot cost more than $100,000. Now, it's $50,000 in value and if the car's worth more than that, I'm not covered even if the damage was $1,000. Rules keep changing so please keep it to yourself, I do not give a flying fig what you think. I did not ask to find out what it used to be, I just wanted to know what the current rules are as they're constantly changing.

In fact, I had to switch from Mastercard to Visa because Visa would cover me in an Escalade while Mastercard would not since the Escalade costs over $50,000 new. Even the people at the Mastercard gave me conflicting answers.

I just discovered out it was moot point because that location is closed after 11 p.m. and I arrive at midnight. Oh, well, thanks for the help!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:33 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Please keep this a friendly place.

Thanks
Jason8612 Mod
FlyinHawaiian and cestmoi123 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Maybe check with your credit card to determine if they'll function as insurance on two separate simultaneous rentals or if there are exotic/luxury car restrictions. From the rental agency's perspective, they generally have no problem with you renting two cars simultaneously.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

I was aware the car rental places would not mind.. but my own credit card company gave me conflicting answers. I am frustrated with this. It's best to stick with one-way rentals instead of keeping two cars just in case. There have been hailstorms here lately and I would not want to be liable for that.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Rules keep changing so please keep it to yourself, I do not give a flying fig what you think.
If you're asking for help, this isn't exactly motivating folks to assist you.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

It looks like the answer was no for the credit card part after all. And the Hertz location in San Diego said they're not liable for the car if it's parked there, meaning I'd have to insure it on my credit card.

Visa at first said it was fine but when I told them the Hertz location says it's my own risk, they changed their tone and said I can't do it that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.