FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renting two cars simultaneously...
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:30 pm
Wiggums

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Sure, I could look up information from 2004... but don't rules change? In 2004, I was covered if the rental rate was no more than $300 a week. Then a few years ago, I was told the car cannot cost more than $100,000. Now, it's $50,000 in value and if the car's worth more than that, I'm not covered even if the damage was $1,000. Rules keep changing so please keep it to yourself, I do not give a flying fig what you think. I did not ask to find out what it used to be, I just wanted to know what the current rules are as they're constantly changing.

In fact, I had to switch from Mastercard to Visa because Visa would cover me in an Escalade while Mastercard would not since the Escalade costs over $50,000 new. Even the people at the Mastercard gave me conflicting answers.

I just discovered out it was moot point because that location is closed after 11 p.m. and I arrive at midnight. Oh, well, thanks for the help!