Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve for 12am - pickup 11pm?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Question Reserve for 12am - pickup 11pm?

I'm trying to book a car with Hertz for tonight. I missed adding it to my weekly business itinerary earlier.
My booking portal and hertz.com / call-center show no availability for my pickup time, which is 11pm tonight.
That's almost impossible as it's at a major airport (DTW). However, I've had that same issue one time in the past, and their lot was full of cars when I drove by with my Avis rented vehicle. I guess Hertz doesn't allow same-day reservations, at least for this location.
Now I noticed that I can reserve a car at the same location with pickup an hour later, 12:00am. I'm inclined to try that... Is there any issue if I show up 10:45-11:00pm and try to get a car for a 12:00am reservation? It's not like Hertz would have specific reserved stalls anyway... I'm President's Circle member so usually I just come and pick anything.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Seems like a good idea. Worse case would be having to wait till midnight if they actually are sold out and waiting for returns, which is unlikely.

When I fly to Vegas, my flight arrives just before 11pm. I usually book midnight or 1am to allow for getting to shuttle and killing time for free stuff at the lounge. I've picked up cars there a half hour early, though I often don't use Hertz there.

I'm guessing you probably won't be on board , though if you put your flight number in , they usually match arrival times.

I'd just book it like you said and risk the small chance of having the delay.

i oft
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Should be fine. You'll probably get an alert before 12 am anyways.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Just following up with the result: It indeed worked fine. I booked for 12am, but either Hertz or our travel agent changed this to 1am, so even more difference. However, due to flight delay I came there about 12.10. Could pick up a car without any issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.