Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ALB (Albany, NY); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at ALB (Albany, NY); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:06 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Not Ultimate Choice location

Hi,

Returning again to Albany after some months and I was surprised that just recently, this location is not an Ultimate Choice location anymore, from March 19th precisely. I asked about the reason and was told that this was due to complains from customers not on the choices of cars, but that some customers complained that they waited to long in the cold for their car, multiple customers wanting the same car, etc - which was very surprising to me as I've never had any problems especially with wait times.
I was also informed indirectly about new management - not sure how they are compared to the old one.

Anyway, I booked a C- class, and without UC, I was given a Toyota Highlander.

They do still have PC's and Five stars signage, but the name board display is not in use anymore. Not sure how it will be in the coming months as it seems the changes are just a couple of days old.

Cheers!

Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Kiosk moved

Hi all,

For those who do rent at this location, just FYI - the Hertz kiosk both inside and at the pick up garage has moved. I believe they swapped with National.
Inside the terminal, they have now moved towards end of the terminal (close to the exit to the pick up garage) - they used to the at the first booth you see when you come down from the escalators, now they are at the 2nd booth before the end (Dollar is at the end).

At the parking garage - they have moved also from being the first kiosk after crossing the street towards the end of the garage - at the 1 o'clock position after entering the parking garage. They seemed to have scaled down on the space area - so less Hertz parking spaces. The kiosk is shared with Dollar.

I did not ask - but most probably the move happened over the first weekend of April.
I guess the new management is trying to cut cost by taking the furthest spot and having less parking spots (since they don't offer Ultimate Choice anymore). Am curious if anyone knows more insight into these recent changes (seems drastic).

Cheers!
Joonydell likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Anyone been to ALB recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.