Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at RDU (Raleigh–Durham); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at RDU (Raleigh–Durham); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: United

Traveling to RDU for the first couple of weeks of July for a holiday with family.

I have Amex Plat and I am PC. I have currently rented an L4 (Pathfinder) SUV.

What are the UC choices for the RDU airport and what are the possible upgrades at this location?

I normally rent mid to full size as that is what my company allows, so I have not rented an SUV before and was curious at the upgrade choices.

I need space for 6 people and some luggage. Also, do the SUV have luggage racks on-top?

Many thanks for answers in advance.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Not a lot of love for this airport. I'll add my data point, as I rented a car at RDU last week and selected a Nissan Rogue. I'm not a frequent renter, so I was pleased to end up with an SUV for my $5/day one way to Florida special. The agent recommended a Jeep, but I preferred the better gas mileage of the Rogue. Had quite a few options to pick from, and had I not been so tired, I may had looked for a higher end full size car instead of an SUV. But it served me well, no complaints.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by veeRob
Not a lot of love for this airport. I'll add my data point, as I rented a car at RDU last week and selected a Nissan Rogue. I'm not a frequent renter, so I was pleased to end up with an SUV for my $5/day one way to Florida special. The agent recommended a Jeep, but I preferred the better gas mileage of the Rogue. Had quite a few options to pick from, and had I not been so tired, I may had looked for a higher end full size car instead of an SUV. But it served me well, no complaints.
​​​​​​Yeah, I'm not sure why this location doesn't get a lot of attention. The rental lots are surprisingly large for a fairly small airport. My guess is it's mostly M-F business renters who are less concerned about enjoying the ride. When I was there several months ago I was doing a one-way and they assigned me to the intermediate section, even though I should have been PC. I didn't have time to argue so I just took a Kia Soul, which is a surprisingly decent little car.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:00 pm

Well, this won't be a post with a "lot of love". I won't bother to rent from here again!

Got there around 11 and the Gold Aisle was TOTALLY empty... so they sent me Five Star. You would think that's an upgrade right? Well if the 'upgrade" is a Chevy Sonic I would hate to see what they put on the aisle! President's Club had some minivans!

Not impressed
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.