Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by jim32190
You can peel the sticker off cleanly and it won’t rip - I looked a couple times to see mileage between identical models.
Hertz’ intent is to indicate the vehicle was cleaned and sealed. It bothers me that Hertz customers are potentially opening and or entering vehicles and re-applying the sticker. This isn’t a safe thing to do for your fellow traveler.

If you are compelled to open the vehicle for whatever reason please remove the sticker and do not reapply it so the next customer knows the vehicle is not clean.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Hertz’ intent is to indicate the vehicle was cleaned and sealed. It bothers me that Hertz customers are potentially opening and or entering vehicles and re-applying the sticker. This isn’t a safe thing to do for your fellow traveler.

If you are compelled to open the vehicle for whatever reason please remove the sticker and do not reapply it so the next customer knows the vehicle is not clean.
I don’t sit in the vehicle and get adjusted, then decide to get out. I open the door, look at the mileage in the center gauge _from the exterior of the car_ and decide if I want the car. The chance I have SARS is already low, wearing a mask and getting my breath into the vehicle cabin air is even less.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 3:50 pm

I don’t sit in the vehicle and get adjusted, then decide to get out. I open the door, look at the mileage in the center gauge _from the exterior of the car_ and decide if I want the car. The chance I have SARS is already low, wearing a mask and getting my breath into the vehicle cabin air is even less.
How would you feel if you were at a Starbucks pick up section and another customer opened your prepared food or drinks to inspect them and resealed them?

It is not a perfect analogy but I hope you recognize that you are unnecessarily exposing other people. At least dispose of the Hertz clean seal sticker since you have opened the vehicle, for everyone else’s’ sake.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
How would you feel if you were at a Starbucks pick up section and another customer opened your prepared food or drinks to inspect them and resealed them?

It is not a perfect analogy but I hope you recognize that you are unnecessarily exposing other people. At least dispose of the Hertz clean seal sticker since you have opened the vehicle, for everyone else’s’ sake.
No, the equivalent is someone standing over my food which is already in a package and sealed while they collect their own.

I’m not endangering anyone’s life and I’m not even breathing into the cabin air of the car. Shall I hold my breath next time, will that make you more comfortable?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:35 pm

Well, I managed to speak with a Hertz PC CS manager and the GM for the Hertz LAX location regarding individuals entering vehicles and reapplying the Hertz seal sticker. Corporate will look into improving the process and the GM will work to develop better procedures at the specific location to prevent this.

I also had the opportunity to speak with someone from legal and it is something the company is aware of and concerned about due to potential liability (if a person contracts C19 during or from a rental). They are working on it but it’s an evolving situation, the company is financially constrained which will limit what can be done as well as what practical solutions do exist regardless.

With so many people being affected by the pandemic, I hope all travelers will be responsible and demonstrate safety for all, even if it’s inconvenient. If you want to obtain information on a vehicle simply talk to a Hertz associate. If that’s too much to ask, don’t reapply the sticker and give false information regarding a vehicle’s condition to other persons.

Last edited by anteater; Oct 6, 2020 at 8:52 pm
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:57 pm

You can peel the sticker off cleanly and it won’t rip - I looked a couple times to see mileage between identical models.
thanks
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:17 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Let's keep this on topic of LAX rentals,

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Well, I managed to speak with a Hertz PC CS manager and the GM for the Hertz LAX location regarding individuals entering vehicles and reapplying the Hertz seal sticker. Corporate will look into improving the process and the GM will work to develop better procedures at the specific location to prevent this.

I also had the opportunity to speak with someone from legal and it is something the company is aware of and concerned about due to potential liability (if a person contracts C19 during or from a rental). They are working on it but it’s an evolving situation, the company is financially constrained which will limit what can be done as well as what practical solutions do exist regardless.

With so many people being affected by the pandemic, I hope all travelers will be responsible and demonstrate safety for all, even if it’s inconvenient. If you want to obtain information on a vehicle simply talk to a Hertz associate. If that’s too much to ask, don’t reapply the sticker and give false information regarding a vehicle’s condition to other persons.
They no longer put safety safety seals on any vehicle but in the PC & 5* area.
Auto Enthusiast and anteater like this.

Last edited by CalItalian; Oct 22, 2020 at 11:55 pm
Old Dec 2, 2020, 1:06 pm

Was at Hertz LAX yesterday. Gold Office was staffed by one person who happens to be one of my fav agents. She recognized me even with a mask. So happy to see her and we had a nice conversation. I also ran into another long time Hertz agent that I haven't seen since everything went down and we had a nice chat, as well.

I got an answer as to when the Gold Office is supposed to be staffed. 9 am to 9 pm - subject to employees scheduled being in that day (if the scheduled person isn't in, the office is closed). Even open on holidays as she'll be staffing it on reduced hours Christmas Day.

Dollar and Thrifty have permanently moved in with Hertz LAX. Possibly until the LAX unified car rental garage is finished in a few years (and I passed by that as well...the construction is probably 1/4-1/3 along). The permanent style signage has been changed out in front of the Hertz lot to reflect all three.

They moved out another group of vehicles before Thanksgiving so the lot is looking rather sparse these days. For the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, which I normally view as being a day the lot should be full, it lacked lots of vehicles - especially specialty and larger SUV's. Ironically, Presidents Circle was full. But don't expect anything special. It did have some mid-size SUV's (Chevy Traverse being the largest) which it didn't have when I was there last.

The Gold Board had 60 people on it (not including mine). Never seen it so empty.

I was returning an S class (Ford F150) yesterday and rerenting. As I drove down Arbor Vitae, I could tell they had no trucks (they normally get parked with the SUV's just to the west of the exit gate...and you can tell from that street east of Airport Blvd. what they have...and what is in President's Circle, too). So, I drove in to the area between the regular building and Gold office, rather than to the return area, to look at the Gold board. My name wasn't on it. Went to see if the Gold Office was open and luckily it was at 10:00 am. She was able to both close out my return contract and reassign me the same vehicle. So that made things quite easy for me. That's what has always made Hertz LAX so wonderful, and keeps me from moving to another car rental agency or location, the Hertz LAX agents! Would have taken extended time to rewash, unlike in the past, so I opted just to leave. I keep my rentals in clean condition, always, anyway. Managers are back at the Hertz LAX gates (they had three open at 10:30 am)...and the one I had was grumpy. Only one car was in each lane in front of me. The employees are worried about layoffs again in January. It's such a bare bones staff already, I pray it doesn't happen again.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mercedes A class and Audi A4 in PC row. Exceeded my expectations.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
5-Dec-2020 around 8PM. PC was completely full and included three BMW X1, a 230i convertible and a 430i. I took an X1 with 4,000 miles as it was easy for my elderly mother-in-law to enter and exit it.

jizen, anteater and Explorer520 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Chances of finding a large SUV in PC these days?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by murphyUA
Chances of finding a large SUV in PC these days?
Zero percent at LAX (and I use to always get one in PC). They sent most of them back.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone at the PC level picked up a car from Hertz LAX, the went to an in-town location to renew it and had any issues keeping the same car with the same category that was originally booked? For example, I reserve a full size car at the airport and as a PC, get a X1, or even a brand new Nissan Rogue or similar, then go to Anaheim and renew the contract on a weekly basis but find the in-town location wants to take away the nicer car and give you something crappier in your reserved class? Or do they let you keep the same car within reason without any fuss?
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Has anyone at the PC level picked up a car from Hertz LAX, the went to an in-town location to renew it and had any issues keeping the same car with the same category that was originally booked? For example, I reserve a full size car at the airport and as a PC, get a X1, or even a brand new Nissan Rogue or similar, then go to Anaheim and renew the contract on a weekly basis but find the in-town location wants to take away the nicer car and give you something crappier in your reserved class? Or do they let you keep the same car within reason without any fuss?
The second facility is under no obligation to return the same car to you. Though, asking nicely may work in your favor IFF they don’t need or want that particular vehicle. In the end, it is a roll of the dice and you won’t know the result until you try.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.