Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Can Hertz President's Circle be Used for Status Matches With Hotel Programs?

is there any way to status match my presidential status to some sort of hotel status? i know it works the other way.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 11, 2018 at 6:09 pm Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#threadtitles
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Nope.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:09 pm

Status match - no reply?

Sent an email to request a status match from my National membership. Found the email address by googling and got this one: [email protected], but there's no response after a week - is this normal? or did I use the wrong email? I checked my spam folder and also my accounted was not updated in any way. From reports on statusmatcher.com, there have been multiple success DPs lately, so it made me very confused. Appreciate any input!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ezak
Sent an email to request a status match from my National membership. Found the email address by googling and got this one: [email protected], but there's no response after a week - is this normal? or did I use the wrong email? I checked my spam folder and also my accounted was not updated in any way. From reports on statusmatcher.com, there have been multiple success DPs lately, so it made me very confused. Appreciate any input!
I got a status match back in August and took like a week to get it done. I emailed on Oct 8 asking about the validity of status match, and just got a response that it is valid for a year from the month of the match (so match now would be through 10/31/2019, etc).
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by klanfa
I got a status match back in August and took like a week to get it done. I emailed on Oct 8 asking about the validity of status match, and just got a response that it is valid for a year from the month of the match (so match now would be through 10/31/2019, etc).
I thought it was for the balance of the year you matched, plus all of next year, so it would be good until 12/31/2019?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:05 am

I had to email them 3 times over 4 months when matching from National to Hertz before they finally answered and approved it. Looking back at my emails, they finally replied 8 days after my last email.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:41 am

I responded yesterday and got upgraded to PC today.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:20 pm

Update: I finally got my status matched about 12 days after my initial email. But I did send another request through the online "contact us" form, so not sure if that helped. Seems like Hertz's response time for status match really varies, since some people get upgraded within 24 hours and some have to wait almost 2 weeks. Now I can finally start looking forward to my first PC rental in LAX during Thanksgiving.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice
I successfully matched from Sixt Platinum to Hertz PC a couple of weeks ago.

First I sent a request to [email protected] but got a [negative] reply

I then contacted customer service in Norway and the upgraded me within hours.
Sorry to bump a slightly old thread, but has anyone tried this who doesn't actually live in Norway? (Or, to put it more selfishly, is there any way to get this to work as a USA resident?)
Joonydell likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Consider matching to National first, then to Hertz?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have good suggestions for another status match to get Hertz PC back?

I had a matched Hertz PC status which expired apparently recently (how about a notification?) and I have been downgraded to Five Star status. Just as I have a reservation coming up in 2 days...
Does anyone have good suggestions for another status match to get Hertz PC back? I know it won't be in time but I have additional rentals coming up.
I'm Marriott Platinum Elite & Hilton Diamond, Sixt Platinum. Go through National?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 11, 2019 at 6:46 pm Reason: moved out of Ultimate Choice thread
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I had a matched Hertz PC status which expired apparently recently (how about a notification?) and I have been downgraded to Five Star status. Just as I have a reservation coming up in 2 days...
Does anyone have good suggestions for another status match to get Hertz PC back? I know it won't be in time but I have additional rentals coming up.
I'm Marriott Platinum Elite & Hilton Diamond, Sixt Platinum. Go through National?
National is your best bet.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: too many
Matched from which programme?
HH Diamond and Sixt won't work, Marriott might as some reports on statusmatcher indicate:

Hertz Status Match | StatusMatcher

If that fails, go through indirect match: National->Avis->Hertz, or National ->Europcar->Hertz
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:14 pm

National Executive Elite matches into PC
Joonydell likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
also very interesting for me, as i am looking forward to a 3 week road trip and try to come up with a way to get to PC instead of just 5 Star
I also have Sixt Platinum and got declined with the same generic email.
i tried matching to avis and didn't get any reply so far
now i will try national match with Hilton Diamond and IHG spire elite... this should work according to status matcher webpage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.