Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Loading130293
check the airport screen for your name, if it’s on the screen then head to the PC area. Otherwise, stop by the gold desk to see an agent
Long story short, my name wasn't on the screen. I had to wait half an hour to hear the agent say "it doesn't matter you already have the biggest car we have in the lot". JFK style.
Old May 31, 2024, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by dascc
Hello,

My HTZ account is currently Gold status, but I should be PC by the time I pick up the rental. Is the access to the different Ultimate Choice areas based on status at time of booking or when picking up the rental car?

Also where does a "standard car" fit on the economy, mid-sized, full-size spectrum? My understanding is you need to book a mid-sized or higher to qualify to use the UC areas. The place I'm renting from doesn't have mid-size to book. Wasn't sure if standard car would work of if I needed to book a full-size.
Hello, my friend,I have the same question as yours. Did you find out the answer? many thanks
Old Jun 4, 2024, 2:09 pm

This will be my first time using Hertz at LAS. I am PC via Venture X. Will I have to verify with the desk this first time? Also, am I understanding this correctly that PC members can choose from the PC, Five Star, or Gold level of cars if there is something there that I like?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 6, 2024 at 4:55 pm Reason: moved to thread where these questions have been discussed
Old Jun 5, 2024, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by dudspizza
This will be my first time using Hertz. I am PC via Venture X. Will I have to verify with the desk this first time? Also, am I understanding this correctly that PC members can choose from the PC, Five Star, or Gold level of cars if there is something there that I like?
When I rented the first time as pc the vip desk was closed so I just went to exit gate and they had no problem with me verifying there and it was very quick took less than 2 minutes. If you have presidents circle you can pick any car that is not in reserve, so yes you can pick from presidents circle, five star, or gold. And you can pick from premium upgrades for an additional $25 a day. I have heard on your first rental you have to use gold as president circle only activates on second rental, I don’t know if that’s still true because when I went the first time the IT at las wasn’t working and president circle had cars with no keys so they let me take a Maserati no questions asked.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 9:04 am

Is it still the case that booking a Hertz reservation via Chase travel portal (using UR points) will not allow me to use my President's Circle benefits? There was a field to enter a loyalty program number and I entered my Hertz number, but the reservation does not show up in my Hertz account. If this is the case, is it possible to have it added manually at the counter? Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2024, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by tony7711
Hello, my friend,I have the same question as yours. Did you find out the answer? many thanks
I didn't find out. When I went to book, the site ended up having a mid-size available to book so I chose that one instead of the standard size.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 3:40 am

Programs: AA, UA
Compact SUVs in the Presidents Circle area, can I get one for no additional charge?

I am a Hertz Gold Presidents Circle member. I rented a full-sized sedan car with Hertz.

Arriving at the Hertz area, I saw several Compact SUVs parked in the Presidents Circle section. Does that mean I can select a Compact SUV for no additional cost?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 1, 2024 at 4:42 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this question
Old Jul 1, 2024, 3:53 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, that is correct.
Old Jul 12, 2024, 11:32 pm

I have the President Circle member status and haven't used the Ultmiate Choice before. Does anybody know if I can book a small pickup truck (category O6) at a pre-paid rate and still can pick any car in the President Circle section? Last time I booked an EV SUV and when checking in at the VIP counter, the agent at the counter told me EV SUV is a special vehicle and it's pre-allocated to my reservation and I can't change it.
Old Jul 12, 2024, 11:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wydam Diamond
Originally Posted by realmadrid
I have the President Circle member status and haven't used the Ultmiate Choice before. Does anybody know if I can book a small pickup truck (category O6) at a pre-paid rate and still can pick any car in the President Circle section? Last time I booked an EV SUV and when checking in at the VIP counter, the agent at the counter told me EV SUV is a special vehicle and it's pre-allocated to my reservation and I can't change it.
Yes you can. Usually if it’s not a special car (I.e EV, luxury car, Shelby etc) or any car group that says “this model is guaranteed” then you can pick whatever you like in PC. But technically nothing can’t be changed, gate agent usually have more ability to change (I.e. if you booked EV and picked a non-EV from PC and drive to the exit, most cases gate agent don’t care)
realmadrid likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Loading130293
Yes you can. Usually if it’s not a special car (I.e EV, luxury car, Shelby etc) or any car group that says “this model is guaranteed” then you can pick whatever you like in PC. But technically nothing can’t be changed, gate agent usually have more ability to change (I.e. if you booked EV and picked a non-EV from PC and drive to the exit, most cases gate agent don’t care)
Many thanks. Looks like I can directly go to the PC section without checking in at the counter, and check out at the gate. If the gate agents don't usually care, then it'd be fine to pick any car even if I book a small EV SUV, correct?

Old Jul 13, 2024, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by realmadrid
Many thanks. Looks like I can directly go to the PC section without checking in at the counter, and check out at the gate. If the gate agents don't usually care, then it'd be fine to pick any car even if I book a small EV SUV, correct?
Yes, but it’s always YMMV
realmadrid likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Etihad Gold, Amtrak Select
Arrow How does Upgrade Aisle work as PC with Gold Canopy?

President's Circle member here, and familiar with being able to skip the counter and pick from the PC, 5*, or Gold aisles when booking Midsize (C). However, I have not yet tried picking from the Upgrade Aisle yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How does the upgrade work -- is it an additional daily rate on top of the existing rate, or is it a new rate all together? Do I need to return to the counter or do I continue as normal as a PC and meet the gate agent for the upgrade?

There was a post from 2014 that says the Upgrade Aisle is simply a surcharge on top of your current rate (varies depending on vehicle), but would like to confirm. I am always tempted by the upgrade aisle, but often don't have time to wait in line at the counter to switch from PC aisle to an upgrade and/or do not want to be surprised by a super high rate at the gate, especially if it overrides the CDP code I am using. Any guidance would be appreciated!!
Old Jul 25, 2024, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA LPLT, SQ Gold, QF, BA, UA, AS NB, Bonvoy LPLT, HH Gold
Just some advice please - I am PC and usually just grab form the PC zone whatever looks good. (I have noticed they seem to be getting more and more basic in the PC zone and a standard SUV is the best I usually see). I'd definitely missed the bit about paying $25 more per day for a "premium upgrade" - what are people's experience with this is there good options here and is this a dedicated zone (I usually rent DFW or IAH)?

Finally - my most important question in March I need to assure myself of a T6 class car (Large SUV) at DFW for a 10 day rental - as I will be traveling with 5 other guys and we need the space. I've got a T6 booked but don't see anywhere that it says this class is guaranteed on the booking and I'm also wondering if better to just book a standard midsize for $900 (at half the cost) and then just hope for a large SUV when there even if I end up paying a bit more (I can't see them charging me the extra $100 a day at the gate that the current booking is costing)

Appreciate thoughts?
Old Jul 25, 2024, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by paul4471
Just some advice please - I am PC and usually just grab form the PC zone whatever looks good. (I have noticed they seem to be getting more and more basic in the PC zone and a standard SUV is the best I usually see). I'd definitely missed the bit about paying $25 more per day for a "premium upgrade" - what are people's experience with this is there good options here and is this a dedicated zone (I usually rent DFW or IAH)?

Finally - my most important question in March I need to assure myself of a T6 class car (Large SUV) at DFW for a 10 day rental - as I will be traveling with 5 other guys and we need the space. I've got a T6 booked but don't see anywhere that it says this class is guaranteed on the booking and I'm also wondering if better to just book a standard midsize for $900 (at half the cost) and then just hope for a large SUV when there even if I end up paying a bit more (I can't see them charging me the extra $100 a day at the gate that the current booking is costing)

Appreciate thoughts?
technically only specific “models” are guaranteed (I.e. Tesla model 3, Shelby etc), not “classes.” So if you book a large SUV, they will have a large SUV ready for you, but there’s always a chance that they are short of cars (less likely at airport locations if you book in advance).

if you really need a large SUV than a standard SUV, book the large one. Upgrades are always based on availability so there is a chance that large SUVs are all booked when you arrive. Hope this helps
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.