Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Rut Dog
http://hertztriplepoints.com/Triple2014
Print Wikipost

Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:44 pm

From other posts, it looks like it's when it was booked. Really frustrating cause I had a one week rental that I thought would count towards the promotion. Gonna raise a stink with Hertz if the points dont post
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I didn't get my triple points last time they ran this promo (it would have been to the tune of 20k extra points), so most likely I won't get triple points this time around.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
The terms state " Offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with any other bonus offer or other promotion."

What happens if I rent a car for 2 days and am registered for both the 550 bonus (for putting an add-on to the rental) and triple points? Will the system give me only the reward that grants the higher point total?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mctrees02
The terms state " Offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with any other bonus offer or other promotion."

What happens if I rent a car for 2 days and am registered for both the 550 bonus (for putting an add-on to the rental) and triple points? Will the system give me only the reward that grants the higher point total?
I just received both at SJC today. 792 points for a base rate of $59.21 after CDP & PC and 4 days of satellite radio for $14 (AAA rate). I made my reservation for the car 4 weeks ago and just modified with the addition of satellite radio after registration for both the triple points and 550 promos. I am 5*, also.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
From other posts, it looks like it's when it was booked. Really frustrating cause I had a one week rental that I thought would count towards the promotion. Gonna raise a stink with Hertz if the points dont post
Well, those other posts are wrong and I am proof of it. The only thing I did was modify my reservation by adding satellite. I made the reservation 4 weeks ago and got triple points today at SJC.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rotodavid123
No good for me. Have to be a US or Canadian resident
They've just opened up the offer in our part of the world ^.
Just checked my account activity and my rental this week earned the Triple points as well as the 550 points offer.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA: 1K SPG: Platinum Plus Hyatt: Diamond Hertz: PC National: EE
Originally Posted by Rotodavid123
They've just opened up the offer in our part of the world ^.
Just checked my account activity and my rental this week earned the Triple points as well as the 550 points offer.
Ditto, double bonus!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Just registered for this. I wish I had known it last weekend!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I agree, I interpret the T&C's as when you pick it up at the lot rather than when you book the reservation.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:59 am

I just did a web chat for my triple points on the 3 rentals I had during the promo, and was told that they should post 10 days after returning the car
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by CTNYC
I just did a web chat for my triple points on the 3 rentals I had during the promo, and was told that they should post 10 days after returning the car
They've been posting instantly upon return on mine. Why can't they do that for everybody?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
They've been posting instantly upon return on mine. Why can't they do that for everybody?
Hmm... I'll give it a few days before I call to see what's up... Not too worried as they have been fair with awarding points thus far for me... I have gotten the 550 bonus points instantly, but not with these... Maybe something in the T&C that I didn't read closely?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:53 am

Ah- It was in fact just me not reading the fine print - I rented the car for 1 day, but the T&C's state minimum 2 days Oh well, I got a $14/day rate for a Prius, so I would have gotten only extra 28 points, which doesn't really bother me too much (And seems like Hertz wouldn't fuss too much about topping off a bit for me either)
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalItalian
They've been posting instantly upon return on mine.
Actually, my return receipts have been showing the points I'll earn on that rental, including all bonuses. And yes, they post instantly. One exception might be if the promo requires a 2-day rental and you're under 48 hours - seems their system isn't posting these at all and you need to convince an agent.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Actually, my return receipts have been showing the points I'll earn on that rental, including all bonuses. And yes, they post instantly. One exception might be if the promo requires a 2-day rental and you're under 48 hours - seems their system isn't posting these at all and you need to convince an agent.
Not sure if half an hour of my time is worth 28 points but I didn't notice the receipts that show how many points I earn on that rental (unless you mean the return receipt)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.