Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Pre-Paid / Pay Now Reservation and Missing Points"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hertz Pre-Paid / Pay Now Reservation and Missing Points"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
Called in last week for March and first week of April. Transferred to senior rep and she took care of it right away. Looked at last weeks post and back to 0. Will wait a few weeks I guess before I call in again.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, United Gold Elite, Club Carlson Gold
Which countries can earn Hertz points?

Do all Hertz customers earn points on rentals? I'm based in Europe and have had about 6 rentals in the last year, but no points have been credited to me. I'm trying to work out if only certain countries can earn these points or whether it is the CDP that I'm using.

Hertz support told me that I wasn't eligible to earn points in my country but they weren't confident, and I haven't been able to find any documentation to support this.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Donlongco
Called in last week for March and first week of April. Transferred to senior rep and she took care of it right away. Looked at last weeks post and back to 0. Will wait a few weeks I guess before I call in again.
mine are still all messed up... I've given up. *sigh*
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: CO Plat/UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I used the online chat, they said to call in to hertz rewards since there may be something wrong with the corporate code I'm using. I called hertz rewards and they said nothing wrong with the corporate code (was getting points back in Jan) but mentioned something about them not being able to audit past rentals anymore because they changed to a new IT system (?) so I should go ahead and request missing mileage online. Went ahead and did that, no luck so far, not sure how long I'll have to keep doing this since all my rentals still show up at 0.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
same here... Emailed, no response. Called, and was told email is the only way to communicate with their rewards department.

what else can I do? ... move my business somewhere else. Just booked my next rental with Avis, and see how that goes...
Old May 8, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Points still aren't posting for me... the system has been broken since january.

I frequently rent in Manhattan and consider the free rental days I cash my Hertz points in for to be extremely valuable. But now that the points don't even show up, I don't know what's keeping me with Hertz. The clown car I got today with 35k miles on it didn't even drive straight... lots of straws starting to pile up on the camel's back.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelsg
same here... Emailed, no response. Called, and was told email is the only way to communicate with their rewards department.

what else can I do? ... move my business somewhere else. Just booked my next rental with Avis, and see how that goes...
I couldnt believe how snappy they were when I tweeted to them.... much better than the email I sent them (which was never replied to.)
Old May 9, 2013, 5:04 pm

My online counter (both YTD rentals and point tallies) has not been updated since Feburary despite many rentals since.

Should I try tweeting them?
Old May 10, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sonic777
Points still aren't posting for me... the system has been broken since january.
My points and individual rentals are now slowing up. I can see each activity and points earnt by month as well back to January. It seemed to be rectified from mid last week.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Mar 27, 2013 Adjustment Customer Service Adjustment - Rental Transaction N/A 157
Mar 18, 2013 Rental Transaction SAN FRANCISCO INTL AP 57480xxxx 0
Mar 18, 2013 Rental Transaction SAN FRANCISCO INTL AP 57480xxxx 0
Feb 16, 2013 Rental Transaction SAN FRANCISCO INTL AP 52934xxxx 0

Mine's still all sorts of messed up; I dont even care anymore.... such a janky system.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:09 am
Original Poster

.... oh the irony....
May 12, 2013 Rental Transaction SAN FRANCISCO INTL AP 65489XXXX 0
Old May 19, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: Fly Delta Jets
Oh boy, this is going to be a fun one. Noticed that my 10+ rentals since March have not been posting. At least last week's (5/13) was OK.

Sadly my company won't exactly let us switch providers...

Last edited by maestrowei; May 20, 2013 at 3:42 am
Old May 21, 2013, 7:28 am
Original Poster

... interesting. In 4 hours of posting to my twitter account I had 3-4 DMs including the fixing of the situation. Seems like my new way to go to get a direct line to an actual customer service agent who can help me with their crap "updated" system.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: Fly Delta Jets
Resolution by Missing Points Form

I submitted a missing points request and heard back two business days later. Not too shabby.
Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns. We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response.

Hertz is undergoing a global system improvement for Gold Plus Rewards. We certainly apologize for your inconvenience during this time and thank you for your patience. We are confident that things will be back to normal soon.

I will turn in your gold number, name and rental agreement number to our IT team for research.

Meanwhile, we are manually adjusting your account for X points for the rentals mentioned below.
Old May 24, 2013, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Yes. I guess the point is that I shouldnt have to constantly watch every single trip I make to ensure that points accrue normally.

This is primarily the SFO location, since thats where I constantly rent cars from. Ive had it happen elsewhere as well. I'm actually thinking it might be related to issues with my account that have been constantly causing my name to drop off the gold board.
I am dealing with this now constantly *also* from the SFO location!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.