Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Hertz HLE?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

What is Hertz HLE?

I'm trying to book a Hertz car in the centre of Boston. The nearest location to my hotel is in Park Plaza, and it's billed as Hertz HLE. The Hertz website is vague, if not evasive, about what HLE actually means. Is it an enhanced corporate service, as they would like you to believe, or is it simply a local franchise? If the latter, can I expect the usual Hertz service, as when I pick up from Boston Logan, which isn't an HLE (which I have been pleased with so far) or does the local operator fall short? Anyone had any experience of HLE?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hertz Local Edition.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:37 pm

They're all corporate stores, so the policies are similar to what you experienced at the airport. Neighborhood store pricing can be better, especially for long rentals and/or one-ways where the airport taxes can really bite. But the number of cars is frequently smaller, and everyone must stop at the counter. If you order a specialty vehicle, they may have to request one from the airport.

Ex, If that minivan with 27k mi and smell of diapers is not to your liking, there's no Gold Booth with another 500 cars available to switch it out. But it could be substantially cheaper.

As you can see, satisfaction at an HLE is in part a matter of expectations.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I prefer HLEs for two reasons:

1. Cheaper. Even if the rates are the same, you don't get hit with those substantial airport location surcharges and local tourist taxes.

2. They will pick you up. Within reason, of course, but they have always been quite accommodating at every HLE I have rented from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.