Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Site - can't login

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Ditto, can't log in by desktop browser, not even the hamburger works.
I noticed last week that the hamburger menu didn’t work in my main browser (Firefox), but did work in Chrome.

Excellent QA when the most basic function of the website doesn’t work reliably.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I noticed last week that the hamburger menu didn’t work in my main browser (Firefox), but did work in Chrome.

Excellent QA when the most basic function of the website doesn’t work reliably.
The issue could be with firefox - I have found a few things are now not working properly with firefox. If it is working with 1 browser and not another, I would be tending towards the browser not doing what it is supposed to do
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The issue could be with firefox - I have found a few things are now not working properly with firefox. If it is working with 1 browser and not another, I would be tending towards the browser not doing what it is supposed to do

It could be due to a bug or difference in behavior in FF. It could be due to the code using a feature that doesn’t exist in FF. Nevertheless, it is the job of the web developer to make the site work with all major browsers (if at all possible) instead of leaving it to the end user to figure out what is going on and find a workaround (switch browser, which may not be possible depending on corporate policies). That is especially true if your website is trying to sell goods or services to the end user.

source: developed and managed development of enterprise web apps since 1995.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is the responsibility of those that maintain the browsers to ensure that the browser complies with standards

At the moment I have 3 sites that I use, where firefox doesm't work properly (but does with Chrome and Edge) which suggests to me that there are problems with current version of ifrefox
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I noticed last week that the hamburger menu didn’t work in my main browser (Firefox), but did work in Chrome.Excellent QA when the most basic function of the website doesn’t work reliably.
Interesting that Chrome worked for you. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Hamburger menu not functional in any of them. Also tried Safari on an iPad and it does not work there either.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LPCJr
Interesting that Chrome worked for you. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Hamburger menu not functional in any of them. Also tried Safari on an iPad and it does not work there either.
I really didn’t feel like exploring further. Just did a little happy dance when I could see my (print) my reservation. And cancel another one to avoid getting charged.

And yes, just tried it on my iPad that I am typing this on. Doesn’t work.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is what you get for cheap outsourced IT and website development...

I regularly see this issue, as well as intermittently not being able to log in with the site just sitting there. Today I'm having to reload pages multiple times to get it to actually load and work properly.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by LPCJr
Pretty much same for me. Literally nothing works. Even the mobile app is super wonky. Is anyone actually in charge at Hertz? Or do they all spend their time trying to arrest their customers for not really stealing their cars!

Too bad, they actually had become a reasonable rental company a few years ago, after lagging all their competitors for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.