Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I got those T&Cs right from the offer page (just summarized it into a list).

FWIW I used the USAA CDP and the ECAR and CCAR rates were both $14.24. On the front page select show all vehicles instead of specifying any single class. I'm not sure what else could be going wrong... works fine for me using Firefox on Windows 7.

-J.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
AAA PC's Valid through 4/30/2013

Hertz ad in the Auto Club of Southern California (AAA) Westways snail-mailed magazine (September 2012).

Save $35 on a WEEKLY rental. Any car class: PC #173434

FREE DAY on a 3-Day weekend rental. Any car class: PC #173342

Save $40 on a WEEKLY Prestige or Adrenaline Collections rental: PC #173806

Must include your AAA CDP (Southern California is 4). Vehicle must be returned to renting location.

Blackout periods may apply in some cities at some times, especially during periods of peak demand.

Valid through 4/30/2013.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I got those T&Cs right from the offer page (just summarized it into a list).
Heh, sure enough I read the small terms and it says that. I was blinded by the large print terms at the top where it says:

"Drive away with this special Weekend Deal from Hertz. Enjoy a great rate of $14.99 per day on an economy or compact car when you rent from Friday through Monday at select participating airport or neighborhood locations."

So it contradicts itself.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CathyJune
The Hertz site is acting like it is on "drugs". For the weekender rate (putting "frdm" in the RQ box), it is acting very inconsistent. I can get it to work when I put in no CDP or a couple different ones with little or no discount. (non AAA codes)

When I put in the AAA CDP that discounts the rate by 10%, it gives me the following: 1. Error codes 2. Vehicles (expensive ones such as SUV, Minivan, performance, Prem/Luxury, etc when I ask for compact/midsize. 3. The frdm disappears when pulling up the rate. After numerous tries, I may get it to work.

I had alot of problems since the changeover.
Yeah, the website was working oddly for me, too.

I was able to type in my AAA club code and discount the $14.99 compact down to $13.49. As I'm renting from a Friday to a Monday, that's a pretty good deal for me. I tried a few coupon codes to see if I could get an even better rate, but the coupons seem to negate the FRDM $14.99 rate. If anyone succeeds with couponing this weekend promo, please let us know the coupon code. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, the website was working oddly for me, too.

I was able to type in my AAA club code and discount the $14.99 compact down to $13.49. As I'm renting from a Friday to a Monday, that's a pretty good deal for me. I tried a few coupon codes to see if I could get an even better rate, but the coupons seem to negate the FRDM $14.99 rate. If anyone succeeds with couponing this weekend promo, please let us know the coupon code. Thanks.
You can't combine FRDM with a PC.

On another note, has anyone had trouble getting FRDM to work? I tried using it for a rental this coming Saturday at DFW but it only shows pre-paid rate, and the smallest one that appears is the Altima coupe. I go to non pre-paid rates and then lose the RQ

-J.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
do you guys know of any deals for september 21 to the 25th for PHX for a minivan rental?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know of any PCs valid for sub-24 hour rentals? It seems like every PC these days is for rentals at least 2 days long

-J.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:15 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Does anyone know of any PCs valid for sub-24 hour rentals? It seems like every PC these days is for rentals at least 2 days long

-J.
Try 135892. I just tested it on a 1-day LAS rental (9/1-9/2) and it gave $10 off.

Also note that the price is often the same for 24 hours or less, so if the PC code is not working for a sub-24 hour rental, just make it a full day and return early. There won't be a penalty.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Try 135892. I just tested it on a 1-day LAS rental (9/1-9/2) and it gave $10 off.

Also note that the price is often the same for 24 hours or less, so if the PC code is not working for a sub-24 hour rental, just make it a full day and return early. There won't be a penalty.

Hope this helps.
Doesn't work with the USGE RQ (which got me $17 base/$30 all-in) but it did end up saving me a few bucks in the end (defaulted to MCLE and final price was $27). Thank you

-J.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Smiles Silver, Hilton HHnors Gold, A-club Platinum, Holiday Inn Priority Club Platinum
Latin America Marketing Codes

The Brazilian Herts is offering all inclusive fees using the following codes for US rentals:
Go All Inclusive - 20% Off.

Offer includes:
• 20% off on All Inclusive Light Rates* or All Inlcusive Rates**
Inclusive Light Rates* with:
- Unlimited mileage
- LDW coverage (Loss Damage Waiver)
- LIS insurance (Liability Insurance Supplement)
- VLCR fee (Vehicle License Cost Recovery)

- Additional driver fee, and
- Tax, and airport, govermental & other fees included.
All Inclusive Rates** with:
- All of the above, PLUS First Tank of Gas.

Offer applies:
• To all car classes, including select Green Traveler, Adrenaline & Prestige Collection vehicles.

• To rentals with vehicle pick ups through 30/SEP/2012.
• On daily, weekend or weekly rentals.
• At participating locations in the United States.

All Inclusive Light
CDP 1633306
Rate code: ADF

All Inclusive
change rate code to ADP same CDP

I found it pretty interesting for my needs.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:20 pm

Can anyone please help me with a one week rental at AMS in December? None of the prior codes working for me. Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Can anyone please help me with a one week rental at AMS in December? None of the prior codes working for me. Thanks.
Can you reply back with the details of your rental (pickup and dropoff dates and times as well as vehicle type)? This will help to identify a suitable CDP.

In the meantime, check out CDP 763130 which is for the Hertz Global Sale which they just started up yet again.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Hertz ad in the Auto Club of Southern California (AAA) Westways snail-mailed magazine (September 2012).

Save $35 on a WEEKLY rental. Any car class: PC #173434

FREE DAY on a 3-Day weekend rental. Any car class: PC #173342

Save $40 on a WEEKLY Prestige or Adrenaline Collections rental: PC #173806

Must include your AAA CDP (Southern California is 4). Vehicle must be returned to renting location.

Blackout periods may apply in some cities at some times, especially during periods of peak demand.

Valid through 4/30/2013.
Any idea whether you have to be a member of the Southern California AAA branch for these codes to be valid? I'm in AAA of Northern New England, and always recycle the magazine pretty much as soon as it arrives in my mailbox, but 173342 gives a great rate for this weekend...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by cjdesmond
Any idea whether you have to be a member of the Southern California AAA branch for these codes to be valid? I'm in AAA of Northern New England, and always recycle the magazine pretty much as soon as it arrives in my mailbox, but 173342 gives a great rate for this weekend...
All AAA memberships are equivalent. If you are a AAA member, you can use any/all Hertz AAA discounts you find out there regardless of what branch posted the deal.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
All AAA memberships are equivalent. If you are a AAA member, you can use any/all Hertz AAA discounts you find out there regardless of what branch posted the deal.
You can always use CDP 1 - that's "AAA HEADQUARTERS" and very easy to remember!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.